Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste.
We are proud to sabotage new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 884M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 1000 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2022! We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, Berlin, London, Prague, New-York and Tokyo).
This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation. Be a part of the movement.
Join the refurb revolution. At Back Market, our Seller Success Managers are pivotal to our marketplace’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing Seller Success team, and will act as the go-to resource for our valued sellers.
You will be able to contribute to the overall business by enabling and supporting the growth and retention of key sellers.
In this role, your main priorities center on harmonizing the two most critical areas of seller performance on Back Market : Sales and Quality.
On the Sales side, you will work with your sellers to grow their sales by skillfully identifying opportunities to grow and diversify listings, procure supply, improve pricing strategy, capitalize on product / category trends, etc.
On the Quality side, you will educate and inform your sellers on the relevance and relationship of specific quality metrics to sales performance, develop and execute strategic action plans to tackle areas for improvement, expertly demonstrate the ROI to your sellers with pointed progress updates and recommendations, etc.
These functions work hand-in-hand and interdependently, and the successful Seller Success Manager will locate that synergy for each seller account, will effectively articulate the comprehensive value of both, and will collaborate and consult toward long-term and lasting success on both fronts.
You will be our perfect match if you are comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT) :
- Manage a portfolio of assigned seller accounts, and own Sales, Quality, Adoption and Satisfaction KPIs throughout seller journey
- Gaining and maintaining subject-matter expertise on the refurbished devices industry and players, as well as the specific needs, pain points, and aims of your sellers
- Creating, executing and iterating on strategic success plans customized to your sellers’ specific business needs and informed by measurable outcomes and objectives
- Building relationships with key seller contacts to ensure high levels of adoption and satisfaction (think : Always Be Helping;
using a concerted communication strategy involving email, phone, video, text, social media, etc.)
- Track seller performance and analyze trends using data and tools available in the Seller Portal, Salesforce, Tableau, etc. fluently
- Gather seller feedback and identify opportunities and risks in the seller journey / experience, and collaborate with immediate management and teammates on possible solutions or necessary escalations
- Work cross-functionally within Back Market to navigate critical milestones during the Seller Journey that require additional resources (intros to leadership, Product, technical support, etc.)
- Conduct strategy calls, recurring business reviews, onsite visits / presentations tailored to seller use cases and business models
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF :
- Native Mandarin with high level of English communications
- 3+ years of experience in an account management role overseeing a book of business and leading customers through change management
- Previous experience in an E-commerce or fast-growing start up preferred
- Experience in interacting with Cross-border E-commerce Seller is a plus
- Proven project management experience with success in managing deadlines, customers, and schedules
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven success managing clients on a Sales, Implementation or Support team
- Demonstrated ability and experience delivering compelling presentations and / or business reviews onsite or via web-conferencing to leaders, clients and executives
- SQL and / or Tableau experience a plus, but readiness to learn and hone analytics skills a must
- You are data and goal oriented person who can possesses a high level of attention to detail with strong analytical and business reasoning skills
- You learn new tools quickly and deeply, and are always tracking down new ways to streamline, gain efficiency, and pick up new technical and data-analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the seller’s true objectives
- Time management skills and a strong sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- Orientation toward analytics and process improvement opportunities.
- You are confident in business and technical conversations, and can break down complex concepts for anyone to understand
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- Ability to handle the pace and ambiguity that comes with working in a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment across multiple time zones and teams
- Willingness to travel as business requires
- Proactive and energetic attitude with the desire to be a key player on a results-oriented team in a fast-paced work environment
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our SSMs to be seen as trustworthy and reliable both internally and externally
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you are excited to figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- You’re a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute on Seller Growth plan at scale.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS :
- Melanie - Head of Asian Cross-border Supply
- Hayley - Senior Business Manager
- Alexis - Director of Asian Business Development
- Raoul - COO
- Thibaud - CEO
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ?
- A meaningful job : through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence.
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference : you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up : our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
A lot of fun : you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.