We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired.
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We’re looking for a dependable, ethical, people-focused, hands-on, and customer-centric professional who is experienced in leading, coaching, mentoring, and developing high-performing sales teams. A person with a proven track record leading sales teams of 5-12 pax within a fast-paced B2B software startup company.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As a Sales Team Lead, you will be responsible for achieving the GMV and Net Revenue objectives within Southern Europe region through your fast-growing sales team. You will manage all daily affairs of the team, including planning, hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, training, recognizing and rewarding, and problem-solving. Additionally, you will assist the VP Sales with, among others, performance analyses and team development related duties.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to build and develop a great sales team within a fast-changing, hyper-growth environment, and be ready to roll-up your sleeves and work hard.
What you will do:
- Together with the VP Sales and HR, plan ahead, identify recruitment needs, and initiate recruitment processes as required.
- Hire, onboard, train and motivate a team of great sales professionals.
- Manage the team, with a strong focus on providing statistical and performance feedback, and coaching on a regular basis to each team member (Regular feedback, 1:1, PR, etc.).
- Coach and monitor the performance of the sales team members.
- Encourage personal development and skills improvement through regular one-on-one sessions.
- Be available for employees who experience work and/or personal challenges, providing appropriate coaching, counseling, and direction until resolution.
- Ensure everyone on your team has appropriate training and all necessary resources to perform their jobs at their best (or seek additional support when required).
- Respond to and resolve team-relations issues in collaboration with HR.
- Address disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy, in coordination with HR.
- Set the individual target for the sales team.
- Develop sales plan to ensure company growth within the given territory.
- Coordinate with marketing for lead generation.
- Track sales goal and Report results to the VP of Sales on a regular basis.
- Actively support and advocate a customer-centric approach.
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase team efficiency and improve both sales and customer experience.
What you need to have:
- Excellent communication skills in English and French. Spanish is not a must, but a plus.
- Proven successful experience leading a Sales team of 5-12 pax within a fast-growing, continuously changing SaaS company, ideally within a startup environment.
- Solid and proven sales track record of success within a B2B software company.
- Strong people care and top-performance focus. You enjoy building and developing teams even during challenging times and know how to make complex decisions for the team as a whole.
- Experience implementing and executing a sales strategy.
- A Revenue Driven DNA combined with a genuine care for customer happiness.
- Ability to see the big picture and cascading it to your team to ensure continuous alignment with company/department goals.
- A truly data-driven mindset and a strong process orientation, possessing experience in building and rolling out efficient processes and programs, and in task automation.
- Deep, hands-on experience using and squeezing CRM and Account Management systems.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- A true aim to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach/get coached.
- Flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it.
- Continuous improvement is in your blood. The bar is high but you always aim to set it higher. Smart, organized fast learning, and resourceful mindset. You are tech savvy.
- Ability to create long-lasting connections very easily.
- You lead by example and are a natural born leader and coach.
- Enjoy working as a true owner: assuming responsibility and commitment to ambitious goals and tight deadlines is your bread and butter, and you are ready to go the extra mile and inspire others to do so when needed. You don't need hand-holding to get things done.
- Strong character, perseverance, and grit. You are truly resilient and positive and know how to remain calm and handle the pressure.
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around.
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive and direct criticism.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase your net salary.
- Coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff provided.
-This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
-English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.