Do you want to help shape local democracy for the digital age? Want to be part of a growing team in a well-funded early stage startup? Where you can become a leader by doing, not by talking? Where you get autonomy in a stimulating, open culture?
You've come to the right place.
Working at CitizenLab
CitizenLab introduces an improved way of local democracy for the digital era. Our cloud-based SaaS platform, used by already over 35 cities and municipalities, facilitates a two-way communication between the city and its citizens. We're on a mission to empower many more citizens and give them a direct say in their town hall decisions, while helping governments take smarter policy decisions.
About the position
CitizenLab’s Country Managers are responsible for communicating the CitizenLab value proposition to local governments. Your responsibilities will cover everything from finding prospects, working inbounds, and closings in France and Wallonia. You will be working from our office in Brussels (Belgium), through a mix of inside sales and field sales. We are at the perfect inflection point where the company has a solid product/market fit and opportunity to acquire a large unexplored (yet validated) market - this is great window of opportunity to take advantage of for a hungry sales executive.
Key responsibilities as a Country Manager at CitizenLab
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Follow up on highly qualified inbound leads
- Outbound prospect into your segment
- Build relationships with prospects and internal stakeholders to grow new business
- Work collaboratively with marketing and technology departments to execute sales strategy, as we introduce enhancements to existing solutions and/or release new products
- Bring your strategies and ideas to advance our company’s values and vision for the future
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- 2+ years of experience selling solutions - not transactional products.
- Must have a ‘hunter’ mentality and be able to prospect into new accounts.
- Enthusiasm, humor, empathy, and the ability to convey this through phone, email and in-person communication.
- People have to enjoy talking to you. And you have to enjoy talking with them.
- Hungry to learn and teach. We invest heavily in making each other better.
- Bias towards immediate action and results. You’ve got to love measuring your own progress.
- Willingness to take responsibility and accountability that comes with the autonomy you’ll get.
- Patience and empathy. Customers like this.
- Your mother tongue is French, but you’re also very proficient in English. Any additional language is a plus.
- Much-appreciated bonuses: experience SaaS or public sector.
What you can expect from CitizenLab
- Fun and dynamic working environment in the center of Brussels with a talented, ambitious team.
- Working for a rapidly growing SaaS startup in which your contributions will have a crucial, societal impact.
- You’ll grow with the company and, thus, have the possibility to take up a management role in the future.
- Competitive salary with sales commissions. Possibility to share in CitizenLab’s future growth through stock options.