At Rainmaking, our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds.
We believe the greatest value can be unlocked by combining the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups.
We bring our entrepreneurial experience and global network, to co-invest with ambitious corporates. We only succeed when our partners see tangible, commercial results, designing and executing a balanced portfolio of innovation initiatives.
We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups.
And, we partner to collaboratively build your innovation culture.
Rainmaking has partnered with over 100 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses.
During which, Rainmaking has built, invested, and accelerated 950 ventures, including the world’s largest industry-focused accelerator programme, Startupbootcamp
Rainmaking has 13 offices across the globe with a global team of 150+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, program teams and startup experts.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Director in London to work with our VP of Partnerships to grow our business in Europe.
We’re looking for someone with significant experience designing and selling corporate innovation projects and structuring new ventures with leading corporates.
You will have a consultative sales approach, and can build solutions that combine the best innovation solutions and services that Rainmaking offer.
We are looking for a people person with a structured approach to everything they do, passionate about innovation, able to build strong relationships with corporate clients and with a hands-on working style.
You will likely have experience working in multiple of the following type of roles : corporate venture builder, corporate innovation consultancy, CVC, startup incubator or accelerator, startup founder, corporate business line owner.
- You will focus on identifying, designing and structuring high value, high-impact innovation partnerships with leading corporate partners.
- Your main area of focus will be generating new sales and opportunities with our corporate partners to unlock commercial value.
- You will need to be comfortable and credible working with and challenging senior decision-makers (C-suite, Board members, business line owners) at established corporates.
- Identify the most effective sales channels and iterate execution engines to capitalise on them and scale impact together with our Marketing Lead
- Work closely with prospective corporate partners and Europe COO and Delivery team to design and structure corporate innovation programs and new venture opportunities
- Create and deliver compelling proposals, bids and crafting supporting collateral
- Design and deliver sales workshops, speak at relevant events
- Ideally 8-10+ years in a corporate partnerships, sales or account handling role
- You roll up your sleeves and think like an entrepreneur, but with a structured approach to everything you do
- You are excited about building long term partnerships with corporate partners, rather than selling off-the-shelf products or SaaS solutions
- You ideally have experience working with both large corporates and startups, and have an understanding of translating’ between the two
- Proven and demonstrable combined delivery and sales experience in corporate innovation
- Skilled at navigating large organisations and experience working on multiple projects with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both in writing and verbally - able to present credibly and effectively to senior stakeholders and comfortable with public speaking.
English language is essential
- You have an appreciation for aesthetics and good design; able to create concise, insightful, and beautiful work
- Highly adaptable, a quick learner and a self-starter able to meet high expectations while working independently (we don’t micro-manage)
- Enthusiastic team player that loves helping the people around you to become even better
- A strong intellect with a willingness to continue learning
- Strong interest in entrepreneurship, emerging technologies and the corporate innovation landscape, maybe even a background in a startup or as a founder yourself!
- Sophisticated understanding of customer development, lean startup methodology, business model innovation, venture ideation / validation, and corporate startup collaboration
- You value kindness, entrepreneurship and impact, just like we do
Why Work With Us
- Opportunity to be part of an innovation journey for a range of established corporate partners
- Opportunity to rapidly take on responsibility and shape the direction of the partnerships
- Access to a global network with innovative startups and early stage companies in every major startup ecosystem worldwide
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
- A great office environment, at our office located in central London with great people and great coffee!
- Be a happy and whole person with flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values : being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind.
Read our culture book here
- Pension scheme
- Annual Health check
- Life insurance
- Monthly team social event
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working