TrueLayer's PayDirect team is disrupting the payments industry.
The experience expected from applicants, as well as additional skills and qualifications needed for this job are listed below.
PayDirect is a product built on open banking and the fastest available bank payment rails, it provides firms with instant payments and withdrawals, a high converting and low fraud payments method while accelerating KYC and AML processes, to deliver the most complete solution on the market.
We already have a working solution for instant and free transfers in the UK and now TrueLayer is looking to pioneer the development of a similar solution in Europe.
You would be part of a greenfield project from its early days: product discovery, feasibility, technical design and finally development of a highly scalable high throughput system.
We always aim to empower our engineers and this means using the best tools for the job.
Technically this means using the best in class technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes to schedule and run our services, AWS for our infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Redis, Postgres, RabbitMQ and more for our storage and queues.
About the role: At TrueLayer, we're making finance work smarter for everyone by enabling secure, global access to the financial system.
Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin and Hong Kong, we've [raised $72M]( to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in fintech, including [Revolut, Chip and Zopa.
]( Our people are what makes us great
- at TrueLayer, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in fintech and contribute to projects that have global impact.
As we enter hyper-growth and expand our open banking platform across Europe and Asia, we're looking for talented individuals who [share our core ]( to join us.
Our mission is to grow the open banking economy.
We're currently the leading open banking provider in the UK, and we're just getting started...
* Discover, design, build and maintain a new solution for instant and free payments in Europe, as well as associated services and systems.
* Partner up with Product Manager(s) to run product discovery, understand our customers needs and align the team with them.
* Be a role model for the rest of the team, foster a culture of learning and development across the organisation.
* Line manage 3-4 people, coaching and mentoring them to maximise their potential through goal setting and 1:1s.
* Own your team's hiring pipeline, anticipate and identify hiring needs, participate in both technical and non-technical interviews.
* Understand how your product contributes to the overall company strategy and impact.
* Breathe our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
While being on call is a fantastic learning experience, we understand being on call out of hours is not for everyone, so at TrueLayer it's voluntary.
If interested, you can train with, and join, our on-call rota, which will involve compensated rotations of:
* Being On-Call to respond to critical incidents affecting the availability of our platform.
* Identifying, mitigating and resolving root causes of such incidents.
* Coordinating our response to potentially major incidents, and being an active voice in postmortem/root cause analysis discussions to prevent future problems.
Requirements: What we need from you:
* You have more than 1 year of experience leading, scaling and growing productive engineering teams.
* You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, with an emphasis on best practices (e.g.
testing, observability) and design philosophies (e.g.
* Significant past hands-on experience as a Backend Engineer and desire to cover a hands-on position.
* Solid knowledge of Cloud infrastructure and Cloud-native patterns and experience working with a micro-service architecture/event-driven architecture.
* You have a product mindset and are excited by what we are building: you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions.
* Lead by example, and empower your teammates to do their best work.
Nice to haves:
* Previous experience at a high-growth startup.
* Experience with mission-critical systems.
* Interest or previous exposure to the Rust programming language and its ecosystem.
- What you can expect from us:
* Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
* Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
* Choice of Linux or Mac technology
* A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
* Flexible holiday policy ✈️
* Generous parental leave
* Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
* Private Health Insurance ⚕️
* Wellbeing Days, and membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
* Learning & development allowance Inclusion & Diversity At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity.
We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities.
Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it.