PA is an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network ranging from tech start-ups to Fortune 500 clients, we will offer you fascinating work, unrivaled opportunities for growth and the freedom to realize your potential. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a successful and rewarding career.
As a consultant with PA, you will take on challenging, stimulating and innovative work at all stages of your career. Our Financial Services Risk and Regulation team has led some of the most exciting work that the consulting industry has seen for many years across Banking, Insurance and with the Regulators:
- We have worked with the Boards and Executive Management of 3 of the 5 largest global banks to improve their approach to governance and managing strategic risks.
- We work closely with Financial Services regulators shaping new regulations and promoting innovation in the market.
- We are currently working with a number of global banking clients to craft and handle their responses to regulatory changes including Brexit, AML, Basel III, FATCA, SM&CR, GDPR and others.
As Part Of Our Expansion, We Are Seeking To Recruit Consultants And Industry Experts With Experience Of – And a Keen Interest In Any Of Our Areas Of Focus:
- The Risk and Regulation team is a diverse team that provides high quality, innovative advice and solutions to financial services firms that face regulatory and risk challenges.
- Our team is growing.
- Enhancing risk management (in particular financial risk, operational risk, climate risk, conduct risk)
- Improving the operating model across the 3 lines of defence.
- Enhancing corporate governance
- Delivering effective regulatory change, including providing independent assurance.
- We are recruiting across all consulting levels, and welcome applications from both junior and senior candidates.
As a Member Of Our Financial Services Risk And Regulation Team, You Will Have Unique Opportunities To Shape And Drive Complex Business And Technology Change For Our Clients, Including:
- Review banks and insurers’ governance and risk management arrangements against regulatory expectations, developing practical and innovative solutions to support long term value
- Working with chief risk officers to transform risk functions to respond to non-financial risks types, making use of new technology and data
- Working with executive teams to streamline and improve the effectiveness of risk management operations across the three lines of defence
- Leading the delivery of regulatory change projects or workstreams (according to seniority and experience)
- Exploring impacts of new and upcoming regulation, and identifying potential first-mover and innovative solution advantages
- Conducting regulatory gap analysis across the organisational value chain, and defining and executing roadmaps to achieve regulatory compliance
- Developing management information using next generation analytics to provide clients with oversight of regulatory compliance and conduct of business within their organisation
- Working with regulatory bodies to improve the way those organisations supervise their markets
- Working with a range of stakeholders, and being seen as a subject matter expert within client organisations and by colleagues
- Our team is based in both London and Edinburgh. Travel outside of these locations may be required in the future, although teams have currently adapted to working from home.
We are seeking consultants or industry experts who have:
- Ability to operate under own initiative
- Ability to develop and nurture client relationships successfully
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Experience in planning, delivering and executing complex projects in the financial services sector to address regulatory or risk management related requirements
As well as in-depth understanding, and demonstrable experience of at least one of the following:
- The regulatory and/or risk management environment within the financial services sector – whether from working in the industry, for the regulators or consulting firm
- The PRA’s and FCA's regulatory frameworks as applied to the one or more FS sectors
- The impact of regulatory developments on regulated firms, and an awareness of a broad range of industry developments (including but not limited to LIBOR, BASEL III, climate change, SM&CR, MiFID II)
- Providing independent assurance to regulatory change implementation, and/or compliance with regulatory expectations
- Management of financial risks, operational risk, conduct risk, climate risk and/or technology-related risk within the financial services sector
- Use of new technology and data to improve risk management or regulatory compliance
Our New Team Members Will Be Trusted To:
- Deliver projects with minimal but regular guidance from (assignment) manager
- Craft detailed implementation plan for accomplishment of “streams” of work/analysis
- Lead project teams (size depending on level of experience) to support delivery of client requirements
- React to changes in requirements, timeframes, data availability in a constructive mannerInteract independently with senior clients
- Prioritise their own workload effectively
- Spot opportunities while on assignment
- Support sales activities within the capability to grow our business
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Our approach to Inclusion and Diversity is a key enabler to our purpose - ‘Bringing Ingenuity to Life’. At PA, we are committed to creating a supportive culture where our people can thrive. To bring ingenuity to life for our clients we need people with different perspectives who think innovatively. We are on a journey to create an ever more inclusive place to work, where we all feel supported and can be ourselves.
We want our people to experience a working environment that promotes dignity, equality and respect for all. In terms of recruitment, we believe diversity makes us a stronger firm and we look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results.
We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.