Founded in 2010, Anthemis Group is the leading venture investment and advisory firm at the centre of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions, dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital age. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners and enthusiastic problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services.
We are looking for a Research Manager to join our team in our London office who will maintain overall responsibility to identify, develop and deliver new areas of research and to manage the research outputs that inform the Institutes’ programmes and policy work.
- To identify, develop and deliver new areas of research in line with the thematic focus of the Anthemis Institute
- To build personal credibility and relationships with Anthemis staff and ecosystem members, in order to work together and explore, validate and test feasibility of identified new areas of research
- To own the development of the research thesis, including developing and sharing relevant information and research and identifying and engaging appropriate content experts, in order to enrich, facilitate and where required shape the exploration of research areas
- To synthesise and present about the direction of the research, key findings and opportunity areas to the Institute Director and the Programmes Manager, in order to identify, shape and launch new programmes and policy programmes
- To manage the research internship programme and take responsibility for the overall success of the programmes, including ensuring it meets agreed time, cost and quality measures
- To identify and nurture strategic relationship across the tech and digital public and private sector communities - specifically working closely with the Ecosystem Team to identify, source and maintain relationship with prospective research interns, experts, partner and sponsor organisations
Experience and capabilities -
- Worked on long term as well as short term research outputs, ideally for a variety of audiences, including the academic and private sectors
- Working in research roles, you have successfully developed a rigorous research methodology and possess deep analytical skills
- Experience working as part of a team, preferably having had the responsibility of delivering work outputs with contribution by different teams/ individuals
- You are able to marry system-level understanding of an issue, with depth of thinking, whilst working towards the broader strategic and commercial goals of various partners
- An articulate communicator and a proficient writer, you are not shy of expressing your opinion
- You are a natural closer: effective at working independently and with the stamina required to work through to completion
- You are a self-starter, because the growth of our business and your function also depends on you
- Preferably with experience in Financial Services
Appropriate working permit in the UK/EU.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching & Group Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary benefit
- Holidays - it's important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays, so a total of 33 days & bank holidays.
- Regular yoga classes, pamper sessions and office snacks to encourage a healthy work / life balance.
To apply please visit https://www.workable.com/j/A443C08B8D