Regional Process Engineer-(21000EBI)
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Project Process Engineer core function is to provide support to the regional teams in the development and delivery of moderate to large scale capital projects throughout the full project lifecycle. This includes the correct process equipment design, specification and critical calculations such as for relief calculations, hazardous area classification, LOPA and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) verifications.
The incumbent will also ensure Process Safety Management (PSM) is implemented and embedded in all projects (MOC’s), as well as specific special projects and Corporate initiatives. There will be equal focus on the maintaining of process safety standards throughout equipment/process operation life cycle to ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and Corporate requirements.
One of the main focus of the role is to develop the “culture of integrating process safety design in all projects”. This includes:
- Leading the discipline development and design of new and modification of existing process plant & equipment, mainly in the resin process areas in the region.
- Apply process engineering principles and practices to identify and assess suitability of new or updated equipment, processes, and other areas as required within the scope of a project.
- Translation of process concept to plant equipment specification, working with external contractor/vendor/suppliers in equipment specification, plant layout, local regulations, S-W standards & GSC engineering; coordination of engineering effort across all disciplines in project delivery.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Management of Change (MOC) process and that all Process Safety elements are inclusive to the Project Management process, from this all required aspects of process safety are ‘built in’ to every project delivered.
- Development and ongoing management of key Process Safety Information (PSI) including Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), relief device calculations, and Hazardous Areas Classification (HAC).
- Facilitation of Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs) includes HAZOP and LOPA, and future development of BowTies.
- Support in the development and management of safety cases (Seveso/ COMAH), including 5-yearly review and submission to the Local Authorities.
- Supporting site teams with interpretation and implementation of the requirements of Corporate Safety and Environmental Standards.
- Act as the regional competent resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for validation of safety critical calculations including relief devices, flame arrestor specifications, interlock set points Safety Integrity Level (SIL) verification, and alarm management.
The Project Process Engineer works closely with various manufacturing and external resources to execute capital or special spending projects. This resource will work together with other engineering resources in the region and/or CI resources, as well as Corporate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), to implement capital & strategic projects across the full project lifecycle, from initiation and scoping through to design, construction, commissioning & handover.
Major Tasks Performed:
- Assist sites with definition of capital projects for Process Engineering, process safety and Compliance requirements.
- Create P&IDs and design documentation in alignment with corporate standards
- Complete critical calculations related to relief study, basis of safety, hazardous area classification and safety integrity level
- Support sites with drawings and schematics for PSI-specific requirements
- Assist ADOs with project feasibility assessments – specifically for Process Engineering aspects at Initiation stage Project member (Subject Matter Expert) - Voice of Process/Process Safety Engineering aspects.
- Develop equipment datasheets/specifications for PSM covered process equipment
- Support the sites in delivering short to medium term objectives (including EHS Tactical plans and CapEx projects)
- Support the application of the MOC process to projects including key supporting information, MOC review and Pre Start-up Safety Reviews to ensure changes are developed and implemented in a safe and efficient manner.
- Clarify the RPN Number and the proposed reduction with investments/solutions on capital projects
- Coordinate with sites and regional engineering/ Corporate SMEs on Process Engineering aspects of projects
- Support sites training and facilitation of Process Safety Engineering topics
- Coordinate with site teams, Regional EHS, Regional Engineering, Finance, ADOs, Corporate SMEs as required
- Provide Process/Process Safety Engineering support to special projects
- Assist with definition of training execution to deliver value to the plants
- Assist the sites with prioritization and execution of the capital budget to ensure spending
- Assist sites with budgeting process for capital and special spending sections
- Works with contractors or external resources to identify new technologies that can improve the current state of the facilities.
- Regional engineering representative in global process engineering and PSM communities of practice (CoP)
- Promote and share of best practices – A key aspect of the Regional Team
- Drive towards standardization where at all possible to ensure better sharing of equipment, parts and knowledge going forward
- Ensure safe and efficient design, installation, commissioning, and operation of new assets at each of the identified sites.
- Ensure good management and reporting of Process Safety Information (PSI) for continued compliance.
- Legislative and S-W compliance for process safety engineering aspects on Capex projects and initiatives
- Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field (preferably Chemical Engineering) or equivalent.
- Preferred::Chartered Engineer or actively working towards Chartership with a relevant technical institution
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: Extensive years of relevant experience in Chemical processes, including high-hazard (Seveso/ COMAH) industry
- Working knowledge of the fundamental elements of PSM
- Working knowledge of the requirements of ATEX/ DSEAR and supporting industry RAGAGEP (e.g. British Standards, API, IP Codes, EEMUA, etc)
- Organized. Excellent communication skills. Goal oriented. Committed to the ongoing improvement of Process Safety Management and sustainable continuous improvement.
- Preferred: Project Process Engineering across all project phases
- AutoCad or equivalent experience.
- Simulation software for relief case modelling
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
**Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
- Primary Location: United Kingdom
- SOUTH YORKSHIRE & SHEFFIELD
- Other Locations: United Kingdom - LANCASHIRE& BOLTON,
- Work Locations: GBR Sheffield PlantThorncliffe ParkSheffieldS35 2YP
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Job Posting: Jul 5, 2021
- Schedule: Full-time
- Respond By: Ongoing