Binogi creates educational animated videos and interactive quizzes, tailored to the school curriculum in each country. Students, teachers, and parents can learn, play and be inspired through Binogi’s web and mobile apps. 50% of all secondary schools in Sweden pay for Binogi, and we have just started with our global rollout, with some customers in Finland, Germany, Canada, UK etc.
How we build products
Binogi has three development teams:
- A core team with API’s and Admin tools (mainly in Stockholm, Sweden)
- Content creation team (mainly in Halifax, Canada)
- Mobile & Web frontends team (mainly in Ambala, India) with some employees working remotely.
We do agile development with daily standups and retrospectives. Continuous delivery with releases several times a week. We spend 20% of our time on how to proactively improve our developer experience; how to work smarter and faster. We also get 10% to spend on learning projects.
React web, Next.js, TypeScript, Redux, MobX, CSS, SCSS, end-to-end testing (Cypress), unit testing (Jest)
You are going to be responsible for developing the new React codebase of our main product. This means:
- Extending and creating a robust and well-factored architecture, solving technical challenges and applying excellent engineering practices.
- New development of our new student-facing web app.
- Maintenance development of our main product (student-facing web app and admin tool).
- Frontend architecture and strategic planning together with Tech Lead and CTO.
- Maintaining and establishing excellent engineering practices, crucially including a high level of automation of things like code style, deployment and fail-early tests.
- Exploration, prototyping and early input on feature design with our UX/UI designer and Product Owner.
- Experience in building complex applications in React.
- Well-versed in creating maintainable and testable "back-front-end" code, structure and architecture.
- Good CSS knowledge and well familiar with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or Stylus.
- Comfortable and quick with Git and code reviews.
- Understand how to build React frontends that play well with SEO.
- Fluent in English.
- You need to be a resident of (in order of preference): Canada, Sweden, Germany, Finland, Romania, Kenya, elsewhere within the EU.
Why work at Binogi
- Join our mission to distribute & democratize education.
- A startup on the cusp of becoming really big: we have built this wealth of content, now it’s time to launch it globally.
- Hybrid workplace: work in the office, remotely, or both.
- International organization.
- Small agile organization where you can take big responsibility.
- We take great care of our employees (this is a direct shareholder instruction): Pension package, health insurance, insurances, wellness allowance.
- An agile work process (Scrum/Kanban)
- Spend 10% of your time on learning projects, 20% on proactively improving your developer experience.
- Remote status: Flexible remote.