At illio, we believe that we can change the wealth management industry by empowering advisors with data. For over 2 years our team of financial executives has been working with leading fintech industry experts to develop illio into a state-of-the-art platform.Our user-friendly platform allows you to holistically view all your clients' portfolios, across all asset classes in one place, so that you can make confident, well-informed investment decisions. illio helps you and your clients. About the role:
We're a fin-tech startup looking to expand our team with a really strong and productive React Developer for a 90% remote role.
- The successful candidate will play a critical role in bringing the Illio wealth management platform to market and helping it scale in terms of features, functionality, engagement and users. Initially this will be extending our React web application and our React Native mobile app. After that the roadmap is pretty extensive and wide-ranging, so the ability to quickly pick up new tools is essential.
- The existing codebase is also extremely complex and a mix of React, Typescript and Redux so experience of these and the ability to 'unstick' others is important.
- It's a startup and we're still in the relatively early stages so we need people who have a solid work ethic and can-do attitude. Cultural fit is important, we operate a pretty flat structure with everyone able to contribute to all areas of the business according to their experience and strengths.
- The successful employee will have to be a self-starter, you'll be given a lot of responsibility early that will materially impact the success of the company, so we need people who have a reputation for productivity and quality.
- You need to be a continuous learner as we're open to introducing new tech and trying new things (in fact we have to) so we want people who are curious and capable and then good at sharing knowledge and ideas with others.
- You don't need FinTech experience but you do need to be a really strong front-end developer who will help bring our FinTech startup to market. We're currently with Beta customers so there is a great opportunity to make a big impact and influence how front-end development is done and we have a small but really great team and a very exciting future.
- The product itself is a wealth management platform that spans all asset classes (equities, bonds, crypto, options etc.) and helps people make better risk adjusted investments that are resilient to market volatility. At the moment only multi-millionaires can afford this type of capability and we think it should be available to all investors, large or small.
Where are we in the product life cycle?
The software is currently at MVP and in trials with the first Beta customers. We have clear signs of finding product market fit and a far better chance of success and rapid growth than most start-ups, as well as a really exciting roadmap (think pluggable robo-advisers, platform extensibility, ML, mass-market adoption).
The right candidate will be able to engineer for scale and operational stability at later stages balanced with the need for speed until we get a sizeable customer base.
Ready to make your application? Please do read through the description at least once before clicking on ‘apply’.
Our tech stack:
The stack is React/React Native with Redux and Typescript on top of Kotlin (JVM)/Spring, PostgreSQL running in K8s on AWS. You will have to feel confident of being able to pick up an existing codebase and quickly become an SME for one or more aspects of it.
Mandatory skills - strong to expert level:
- React / React Native
- RESTful APIs
- TDD Methodology and Tooling - e.g. Mocking APIs and data
- Design skills
- UI Security patterns and best practices
- AWS frameworks
- CI/CD (Git or Gitlab preferred)
- App lifecycle (publishing/updating on iOS/Android stores)
- User metric measurement
- Experience in chart libraries / data visualisation
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be a kind and helpful team member who contributes to the overall enthusiasm of a team
- Demonstrate a high level of personal accountability and drive
- Be confident in their ability to deliver new capabilities and features
- Have a passion for quality in what they deliver
- Be curious and constantly updating their own skillset, being quick to pick up new concepts, technologies and libraries
- Share options scheme
TBCReact, React Native, Redux, Typescript, RESTReact, Redux, Typescript, React Native, REST, TDD, APIs, AWS, CI/CD, Git