Space4Good is using space technology to tackle social and environmental issues. We are a group of impact-driven data scientists, urban planners, geographic information experts and remote sensing specialists with the goal of contributing to the 17 UN Sustainability Goals.
We are doing this by delivering consultancy and project work to like-minded public and private organizations requiring our help in making data-driven decisions with the help of satellites, planes, drones as well as other geodata sources.
This is your chance to be part of it! We are in the exciting phase of growing our social enterprise and are looking for talented change-makers to join our team.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your role will be to use the latest radar remote sensing images and techniques to support our customers and projects world-wide In particular you will be involved in an agroforestry and infrastructure project that will look into assessing the status quo of their assets as well as any changes we can observe with the help of satellites and drones. Your knowledge of radar remote sensing in biomass assessment and deforestation monitoring would be a great asset for current and future projects.
You will wear several hats ranging from research, development, customer interaction and project management. You will be part of a team of other remote sensing specialists as well as data scientists and developers helping us to advance our platform as well our applications mapping and tracking social and environmental impact. Since we want to work on the leading edge of remote sensing you have the opportunity for continuous learning and the chance to interact with pioneering universities, research institutes and other social enterprises all around the world!
We are looking for somebody who has:
● Professional experience in radar remote sensing and preferably data analysis
● Experience in the application of radar data for biomass assessment and forestry
● Programming skills in Python and/or R
● Desirable: applied knowledge of LIDAR
● Optional: project management and software development experience
● Degree in a related field
● Fluent in English and preferably Dutch ● Working permit for the Netherlands
● Available for 4-5 days a week in The Hague
● Good problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
● Ability to work independently and among diverse team members
● Passion for social & environmental impact!
In return we want to offer you this unique opportunity of professional and personal development while not only leaving a mark in society but also at the very core of our company DNA! Sounds like your dream job? Tell us why and attach your CV to [email protected]