QuiX Quantum is at the forefront of the development of photonic quantum computing, a rapidly developing sector. Since our start in 2019, we have presented two world record-breaking quantum photonic processors.
As a fast-growing company, we are now looking for Quantum Computing Architect for our new subsidiary in Ulm, Germany.
QuiX Quantum will build a universal photonic quantum computer at the DLR Innovation Center in Ulm as part of a development contract.
The contract has already been awarded and QuiX Quantum plans to build a team of 10-15 employees on site. This is the first ever sale of a universal QC in the world and therefore a unique opportunity to help shape the future of quantum computing.
What will you be doing?
As a quantum computing architect, you will work on abstract quantum computing architectures for fault tolerant quantum computing.
Using theoretical analysis, simulations, and discussion you will try to detect weak spots' and opportunities' in different architectures and propose solutions or alternatives.
The job is very broad and includes all aspects related to the quantum computing architecture and the possibility to provide leadership on where the hardware / experimental work should go.
You will take care of:
- Development of our current quantum computing architecture
- Keeping yourself up to date and update others about the latest developments in the world about quantum computing.
- Identify critical architectural challenges
- Close collaboration with engineering team to solve common challenges
- Understand and explain mathematical concepts used in quantum computing
- Report findings and attend weekly meetings.
We can shape the position depending on seniority.
What we ask of you:
- Technical background, PhD preferred, exceptional master's students considered.
- Strong mathematical / theoretical background is a plus
- Prior experience with quantum technology
- Passion for your profession
- Pro-active, innovative, accurate and independent style of working
- Proficiency in English language (verbal & written), German is a plus
What to expect from us:
- Working in a start-up means that your work contributes directly to the direction of the company.
- Together, we work on awesome and challenging projects in a high-tech and innovative environment.
- Everyone has their own specialty and together we form a dynamic and diverse team.
- Your workplace will be in Ulm, Germany.
- As we have become used in recent years, occasionally working at home is possible.
- The working language of our company is English, reporting and communication with the DLR will be in German.
- The position is full time.
- Your salary depends on both your education and experience.
- We have many educational opportunities and a generous number of vacation days.
Are you excited as we are to contribute to the fastest way to a quantum future? Do you want to be part of our journey to develop the world's best quantum computer? Then join us!
For more info and applications, contact