This rapidly growing team spun-out from the University of Cambridge in 2018. They've secured new state-of-the-art lab and office space in Cambridge and have been awarded significant funding and several high-profile government grants. They are growing quickly!
They are introducing some very exciting products to market, including quantum random number generation technology. Their devices emit and detect single-photons and are able to change the way we use communications, simulation, computing, sensing and metrology with the use of novel materials and semiconductor technology. It's ground-breaking stuff!
Working in a fast-paced environment, the QRNG Experimental Scientist will enjoy all the perks of being part of a start-up who pride themselves in offering a diverse and inclusive environment for you to enjoy and develop your career in quantum technology.
In this role, you will be part of the team developing the optics behind the QRNG products.
* Contributing to the design and implementation of novel ways in which to demonstrate randomness using quantum optical setups
* Contributing and working alongside scientists and engineers developing the other products in the company's portfolio.
* Excellent degree in a subject such as electrical engineering, computer science, physics, or mathematics.
* PhD in experimental quantum physics
* Proven experience with complex optics experiments, e.g. interferometry, entanglement, squeezing, downconversion.
* Proven experience with necessary measurement instruments, e.g. detectors, high-rate oscilloscope, arbitrary waveform generator, relay card, source measure units, pulsed lasers.
* Proven ability to design an experiment
* Proven ability to collect, analyse and interpret experimental data
* Understanding of quantum mechanics / quantum systems
* Programming skills (Python preferred) for instrumentation and data analysis.
Start: Winter 2020/2021
Location: Cambridge, UK
* 25 days annual leave + UK Bank Holidays
* Free and confidential Health & Wellbeing support
* Pension scheme
* Flexible working from home options
* Complimentary fruit and drinks
* Casual dress
* Company events
* Onsite parking
* 10-minute cycle from Cambridge Station, under 1h from Kings Cross London
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on or apply online.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.