We believe in a future where we will live and work hand in hand with intelligent machines. To this end, machines will need to learn to communicate like humans do.
At Tribe, we bring conversational A.I. to life by giving it a human face. Why? Because the most natural interface is a face.
Interacting face-to-face lets you gaze into each other’s eyes, smile or keep a straight face, and react to that naturally. We have created a technology that can spark the human element in any application, from A.I.-powered customer support bots over virtual store assistants to the next generation of in-game characters.
Our two co-founders Kevin and Julian have more than 15 years of experience in mathematical research, technology start-ups and top-tier consulting.
We are small, high performing team of eight located in Berlin, Germany, are funded for the next 18-24 months and are now looking to grow our team and scale our customer base. For this, we are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion and want to join us on our exciting journey.
We are looking for an experienced software quality assurance engineer to take on a leading role and help developing the core technology of our business – giving a face for A.I. Reporting to Chief Technical Officer (CTO), your primary tasks will be:
- Monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure design quality, making sure that the software adheres to the general standards
- Make sure that new products work before they are released to the public
- Involvement in tasks that include software design, writing source code, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process
- Break up the entire process into goals such as verifications, activities, measurements, abilities, and commitments. By doing this, you will ensure to maintain complete control over the entire project.
- Ensure that the final product not only meets with company and governmental guidelines but also reaches the consumer market at the time appointed by the company
- Work closely with all departments to make sure the software project is not only on time but on budget as well
- Overseeing the entire development process, which includes software testing, from start to finish
- Responsibility of the monetary success of the software product by ensuring quality of the product as well as the product’s ability to hit the market on time
You will also be required to provide input and interact with the software architect, frontend, backend, devops, security and business stakeholders.
We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. In addition, personal development goals for each team member will be defined jointly and reviewed regularly. For you, personal development goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CTO on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CTO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate.
Following the Must/Should/Could language convention, you need to tick the following boxes:
- MUST have working experience as a QA engineer for 3+ years
- MUST have experience in Black-Box Test Techniques.
- MUST have experience in mobile and web app development
- MUST have experience in software automation testing, methodology, scripting in an Agile development environment
- MUST have knowledge of CI tools such as JIRA, Git, and Jenkins
- MUST have knowledge of requirements specification and system design
- SHOULD have data modelling and database design experience
- SHOULD have good understanding of backend and frontend systems (mobile and web)
- SHOULD have skills in debugging issues and providing developers with significant feedback
- COULD consider, understand, and implement security and data protections
- Competitive salary
- Possibility of stock options (ESOP)
- Working with a stellar team with 15+ years’ experience in university research, tech start-ups and top-tier consulting
- Flexible working patterns
- 25 days holiday
- Subsidised healthcare protection
- Free Urban Sports Club membership