Your goal will be to provide our users with a formidable experience when looking for a place to live. At the same time, you will be dealing with the interfaces that we provide to the advertisers who are offering their room. Eventually, we need to provide high-quality matching and drive trust between the marketplace participants. We think about these challenges every day, and we would like to invite you to think along and build a world-class product.
Our client-side app is built using technologies and tools like React, Redux, GraphQL, SASS and Webpack. Our back-end is powered by Go (Golang) backed by a Postgres database. The server components are hosted on a Google Cloud architecture that allows easy scaling. We've been using React, GraphQL and Golang in production environments since the early days.
We're a team of 30 people (product Lead, product owners, front-end engineers, back-end engineers, QA engineers and UX/UI designers) passionate about what we do. To scale up and take us further in our journey to become a global leader in the market, we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer to take charge of and boost our test automation efforts, optimize the QA processes and deliver a high quality product to our users.
Sounds challenging? Be part of building our team!
Characteristics we are looking for in a QA Automation Engineer:
- A Product-oriented person: you love developing products that help people
- You are a team player and a self-starter with a get-it-done attitude
- You believe that quality is much more than testing
- You have a strong interest in new tools, technologies and processes and are not afraid to try them out
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing test automation solutions for native mobile and web applications.
- Strong understanding of Scrum/Agile processes.
- Hands on experience implementing and driving test automation, TDD and CI/CD processes within the team.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (part of our team is remote, so communication is the key)
- Strong understanding of microservice architecture, Google cloud platform (or similar) and Kubernetes. Hands on experience with GCP/AWS tools is a big plus.
- An educational background in the field of Computer Science or similar is a bonus, although actual experience is always preferred.
- Basic understanding of what a good burger tastes like.
Cool things we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career ladder: take control of your career and we’ll support your growth
- Budget for laptop
- A very international team, get to know and work with 80+ people from more than 25 nationalities
- Office (with a view!) located in a tower in central Rotterdam close to main train station, shops, restaurants, gyms, etc
- Beers and Cheers in the office every Friday afternoon
- Full-time position (40 hours a week).
- You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Salary will match your experience.
- Starting: ASAP.