Are you smart and energetic enough to join the EVI team, showing an effective and passionate contribution to the team? If that’s that a YES, then let’s sit down and have a talk to see where you can fit in the team and enjoy the fun of working in the rapidly emerging EV market. Making sure ABB will stay the number one in the exploding EV charging market!
ABB is market leader in fast charging solutions which enable 15-30 min. charging time for electric cars, a game-changing technology which allows mass adoption of clean transportation. Next to charging systems, our web-connected fast charging solutions offer a wide range of connectivity features such as remote monitoring, remote management & assistance, payment system and smart-grid integration.
In the beginning of 2018 the application team was created inside the EV product group to become the innovative group of people who can act, feel and create like a startup inside a large corporate organization. In 2019 we have doubled the team and this year we can grow again to be able to serve the need for innovation in this very rapidly evolving market which will change the world of transportation and energy management significantly.
For our application team in Delft or Eindhoven, we are looking for a:
Technical product/protocol specialist EV Charging Infrastructure
You start being the product/protocol specialist who is fully responsible to centrally support new EV charging products used in projects worldwide, the works are a wide variety of tasks to make sure new products have a well prepared and understood touch down in a country service organization. Next to that, you will be in close contact with car, truck and bus OEM’s to support them with interoperability testing, either remotely or on site.
Once you get more knowhow your tasks can be expanded supporting also local and global sales, R&D with new product introductions.
How your day could look like, just a random pick of the task which could occur:
• Join an interoperability test kickoff meeting in Germany to assess the time needed for the testing and create a test plan.
• Support R&D and service with found interoperability issues and coordinate further testing.
• Visit a test event in the United States, where vehicle manufacturers and charger manufacturers collaborate to improve their products.
• Develop a tool to monitor specific parameters of a charger.
• Support sales in creating a tender document for London.
• Act as a product specialist in sales meetings in Amsterdam.
• Organize and perform tests with a bus manufacturer in our lab in Delft.
• Support a big vehicle manufacturer with the development of their new car.
• Support the Formula E race in Hongkong or Rome.
• Enjoy the team events about two times a year, where we take turns to come up with something fun to do together.
• You have a technical degree (HBO or TU level) with a medior working experience in a technical environment.
• You are a perfect communicator and a team-player with excellent organizational skills.
• You have an electrical engineering background and able to read electrical designs.
• You are not afraid to use a Linux machine via a terminal.
• You have basic knowledge of Bash, C++ and Python.
• You are self-reliant and able to proactively engage customers.
• You have an affinity with testing new systems and are not afraid of troubleshooting.
• You have a good knowledge of English (Dutch a plus or you like to learn).
• Willing to travel.
We offer: you a varied job in an international group that attaches great importance to the development of its staff, as well as to quality and safety. In this position, we also offer you the opportunity to specialize in ABB products and systems. Of course, we offer you a competitive and attractive package of employment conditions.
Register your CV and apply online via www.abb.nl by clicking on ‘Careers’. For questions regarding the open position please contact Jacqueline Pereboom, e-mail: [email protected], tel.: + 31 (0)10-4078214.