At OMV we produce and market oil and gas, as well as chemical solutions in a responsible way and develop innovative solutions for a circular economy. With Group sale revenues of EUR 17 bn and a workforce of around 25,000 employees in 2020 (incl. Borealis), We are one of Austria’s largest listed industrial companies.
Due to our international activities in Exploration & Production, Refining & Marketing and Chemicals & Materials we can provide interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. You can learn more about the world of OMV below:
- Responsible for setting up and steering group wide projects
- Responsible for designing, structuring, planning and implementing defined projects in time, scope and budget, incl. timeframe, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Manage the project process stakeholders, consults them and make them familiar with the necessary Company, Industry and International standards, specifications and Best Practices.
- Manage the decision processes (e.g. STC, Tollgates incl. preparations) by ensuring process compliance, project presentation quality, PM standard requirements considering the needed information from the involved parties.
- Provide the interface and maintains a close and effective relationship with other stakeholders to the project.
- Manage sourcing council and implementation for projects in alignment with procurement, legal and vendor management.
- Contribute to setting project evaluation KPI´s and works closely with key stakeholders to monitor progress and utilize lessons learned.
- Regularly reports project to management and/or the sponsor/client. Ensures that relevant systems are maintained and contributes to improving/developing systems.
- Accountable to manage projects with 3rd Party suppliers by effectively working with and managing relationships with external suppliers at a tactical level.
- Bachelor degree in Technical Studies, Business Administration, Project Management, Computer Science or Business Informatics and at least 3 years of experience
- Preferable project mangement Certification (PMI, IPMA Level D ), and understanding of various project management methodologies (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative, Lean Startup and Design Thinking)
- Preferable Change Management, Communication Skills, Stakeholder Management
- Experience in the area of Project, Application Management and Consulting and/or Delivery
- Management skills and the ability to build work across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth and is well respected by the project-team and department members
- Must be a talented communicator, an empathic listener, and an advocate for customers. Ability to tailor presentations to management and business audiences that may not possess technical backgrounds.
- Good German and English Skills
What to expect from OMV:
- We believe that we can only evolve and thrive as a company with a highly diverse mix of employees and by ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have a strong culture of collaboration where Team Spirit, Accountability, Passion, Pioneering Spirit and Performance are key.
- We will encourage you to take on new responsibilities, work across different functions, become involved in new projects, as well as completing international assignments. In return, we have excellent development programs that will help you achieve your career goals and reach your potential. If energy is your life, this is your future!
What OMV can offer you:
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- We offer an attractive compensation package that matches your qualifications and professional experience. The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement amounts to EUR 49610, all in. Depending on skills and specific experience, over-payment is possible. OMV also offers additional benefits and relocation packages for international moves.
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria