Covance are looking for an experienced Start-up Project Manager to join the team. Candidates can work home or office in EMEA.
About the department: This department provides an quality-focused approach to the study start-up phase of site activations with an emphasis on flexibility, collaboration, and efficiency. Our SUPMs oversee and manage multi-functional teams in order to deliver on time Ready to Enrol milestones for our clients. This is an excellent client facing opportunity to develop your career, communications and soft skills, as well take on more responsibilities and be involved in cutting edge global studies.
Expert in, project start-up and related maintenance activities for a particular study/studies on a regional and/or global level as well as excellent communication skills to support client relationships. Responsible for leading, ensuring and overseeing, start-up and/or maintenance activities on projects, on time, within budget, and in compliance with SOPs and/or other quality and regulatory requirements. Depending on the scope of the project and experience level, job duties may be performed independently as a Lead SUPM or in collaboration with a Lead SUPM as a Regional SUPM.
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution.
- Working knowledge of financial control procedures (e.g. costing systems, time reporting).
- Working knowledge of project management processes, especially regarding study start-up.
- Working knowledge of time and cost estimate development.
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
Candidates should have start up Project Management experience working for a CRO and have experience performing start up activities across multiple countries.
Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system.
Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions.
Experience mentoring junior level staff.
Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner.
Ability to present to staff at all levels.
Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of computer package.
Be able to communicate effectively in the English Language.