The European Startup Initiative is an entrepreneur led non-profit organization, dedicated to fostering interconnectivity among startup ecosystems in Europe and potentially globally.
With our main activity, the Startup Heatmap Europe, we are mapping founder mobility and cities’ attractiveness for startups. Through the Startup Heatmap Europe platform we provide orientation to founders and the tech community on where to find the best places for startups in Europe.
Based on the qualitative and quantitative insights on founder mobility and cities’ attractiveness, we help cities and community stakeholders to better position themselves within the European startup ecosystem. This happens via 1:1 consulting, the production of trend reports as well as the execution of the Startup City Accelerator for Ecosystem Builders.
Our work has been recognized by long-standing partners like the Allianz Cultural Foundation, Atomico Ventures, Balderton Capital and some of the most dynamic municipalities around Europe. The results have been featured in international media like the New York Times, Politico, Venturebeat and many more.
- Startup Heatmap Europe 2019, appx. 60 project days until December 2019
- Project lead for our main research product, the survey, the data analysis and the accompanying reports
- Organize volunteer teams in the european startup initiative, onboard new volunteers, hold regular calls, assist in the execution of projects, manage the volunteer budget, assess new proposals and liaise with the board on the strategic direction.
- After training period, identify and approach potential new partners in the wider network and convincingly present our value proposition. Identify new possible partnership models, e.g. with Foundations or EU projects to scale potential income.
- Manage existing partnerships of municipalities, accelerators and investors in close collaboration with the president of the association and help in the execution of the agreements.
- Communication Work: Direct and assist volunteers as well as a working student in creating new content for the blog and social media channels. Take over the production of texts and other content for communication yourself.
- Startup City Accelerator, appx. 40 project days until December 2019
- Plan and execute the further development of the program via global and regional editions. Take responsibility of the dissemination and direct the content creation and work with the board to identify and attract international speakers. Lead the online and offline workshops for ecosystem builders yourself.
The ideal candidate brings the following qualities:
- Master degree in social science, economics or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in a dynamic and fast turning environment
- Strong analytical skills and trained in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Project management experience, preferably as team lead and in volunteer organizations
- Sales talent and business mindset to grow value-based partnerships
- Outgoing personality and intrinsic motivation to approach new contacts
- Ideally, experience living and working abroad for >1 year
- Passion for the startup world, technology and new business models
- Existing network of key players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Europe
- 100% Remote / Nomad and Family-friendly
- Occasional travel necessary
- Competitive base fee and dynamic component depending on revenue
To apply please send your CV and a short motivation – please include an indication of your desired gross daily rate.