iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is implementing a project for the development of a CSO platform in the Lake Chad Basin (Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroun). In order to manage this complex project, iMMAP is searching for an experienced Project Manager that will lead the project and its team and the overall coordination with partners and stakeholders. The position is full time and expected to be based preferably in France or the Lake Chad region, for a matter of proximity to the implementation countries. However, the duty station can be negotiable, according to the profile and team composition.
Description of Duties
- Project Management
- Oversee the overall design of the program ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame and budget. Where necessary ensure preventive and corrective actions are taken.
- Develop an implementation strategy which is appropriate to the countries context and strategy.
- Plan the mobilization of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Coordinate with the Donor and with all project stakeholders accordingly and in line with the project objectives.
- Proactively inform iMMAP HQ and Country Directors of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- If required, develop project concept paper, proposal and budget, for the continuation of the project or for other opportunities, using best practices in coordination with appropriate iMMAP departments.
- Financial Management
- Plan and construct the program budget
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Monitor the spending of designated programme funds on a regular basis and in line with iMMAP HQ guidance.
- Staff Management
- Ensure all identification, selection and contracting related issues for the staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- Security Management
- Assess and review the security status of identified areas of operation.
- Ensure security plans and protocols for the areas of operation and for the project are updated and implemented.
- Quality Management
- Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes.
- Work with iMMAP HQ to accomplish registration of iMMAP in requested countries.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organizations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the programme.
- Represent iMMAP in relevant consultations and meetings.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP HQ and Country Directors with forward strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by iMMAP HQ and Country Directors.
- Bachelors or master's degree in international development studies preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 7 years of work experience in similar management and/or advisor functions in international humanitarian or development aid.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme start-up under limited time constraints as well as plan programme close-out.
- Demonstrated experience in managing development programs
- Knowledge of basic programme development skills such as quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of national and regional dynamics of migration and actors, and an understanding of the functioning and policy-making dynamics of these actors;
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors.
- Soft skills
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work based on objectives.
- Fluency in oral and written English and French is required.
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office and Google Suites.
- Knowledge of Information management is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox or other Mobile Data Collection tools is an advantage.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.