Are you passionate about actively helping in implementing new personalized cancer treatments, alongside accomplished biotech experts? Are you looking for an ambitious new project to test and grow your knowledge?
Who are we?
MyNeo is a Belgian bio-tech company in Ghent, focused on identifying, exploring and validating personalized cancer treatments. The developed bioinformatics platform is continuously being optimized, with results from our own trials and other published papers. At the core of this platform is an immunotherapeutic pathway, offering an alternative to the general chemo-/radiotherapy commonly used. This implemented pathway involves the search of tumour-specific mutations in the patients’ blood and tumour sample, that are then used for stimulating the patient’s T-cells in recognizing the tumour cells. The hands-on approach of a young start-up company is omnipresent, and every employee is directly involved in substantial decision making. The company’s office is in a skybox in the Ghelamco arena (Ghent), where we work with dozens of other like-minded start-ups in a relaxed atmosphere. Working remotely for a few days a week presents no issues.
Who are you?
We are looking for a full-time project coordinator to strengthen our team. Having a general scientific background combined with substantial knowledge in cancer biologics (cancer formation, tumour genomics, innate immune responses) is a hard requirement. At least a few years of experience in the biotech industry are recommended. Every team member works together towards providing each diagnosed patient with the therapy best fit to treat its specific tumour.
As a project manager, you will be responsible for taking responsibility over a successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a project. This involves making both insignificant and critical decisions related to our projects. Projects you are likely to get involved in, range from organizing data exchanges with clinicians, to leading conference calls with partners for clinical trials. You will be maintaining your oncogenetics knowledge level up to date, to ensure your valuable participation in academic discussions. You will be assessing both current and future partnerships, and be the point of contact for any new opportunities.
This job could be the one you’re looking for if you would describe yourself as follows:
- You’re not good at sitting still
- You’re allergic to inefficiencies
- You’re looking for fast-paced missions in the biotech industry
- You cannot stop talking about an idea that got you hooked, to the great annoyance of some of your friends
- You are explaining optimal process flows to the waiter when dinner arrives late
- You have repeatedly congratulated your parents for successful value creation
- You’re convinced that stacking magazines in anything but size order is basically a crime
- You want to be more than a number in a faceless organization
- You can handle responsibilities and stressful situations even without your full 10-h sleep cycle
For all this, you will be rewarded with:
- A competitive salary pay-out
- Flexible working hours and working location
- Generous benefits package
- Responsibilities from day 1
- Daily opportunities to expand and prove your knowledge
- Active involvement in discussions with highly experienced academics, clinicians, and industrialists.
How you land this gig
Are we everything you’re looking for and vice versa? Send us an email convincing our team that you’ve got the right stuff! If we agree, you’ll be asked over for an interview, some brainy tests, and a meet and greet with one of our investors. Impress them and you’re in! See you soon, future colleague!