Project Management Internship (min. 3 months) – Hamburg
Problem we are solving
Insurance – we all need it, most people are confused by it and few really “get it”. Insurance products are hard to understand and don’t always seem to cover what you expect and on top of this buying insurance isn’t easy. In a world where we can get most things at the click of a button, buying insurance is usually still an offline or late-1990s-digital nightmare, with confusing forms and a horrible customer experience.
Existing legacy IT-systems make it hard for insurers to bring out new products quickly, to sell them in digital channels, to integrate 3rd party services and to test what works and what doesn’t, in a low cost way.
We offer a digital insurance platform, which acts as a middle layer between insurers and the digital world. This makes it easy for insurers:
- to create new insurance products
- offering best-in-class digital customer journeys
- connect to 3rd party APIs
- build in a sandbox or fully integrated with existing systems
We can do this in a matter of weeks, rather than the traditional insurance speed of months or years.
KASKO’s platform empowers the multitrillion-dollar insurance industry to embark on the digital revolution that other industries have gone through already. It allows insurers to build better products for consumers and allows digital business of all types to work closer with insurers to deliver these products.
Who We Are
We’re backed by some of the UK’s top investors incl. Seedcamp (Backers of: TransferWise, PropertyPartner and Revolut) and Chris Slater (Co-founder Simply Business, 500m exit).
We are currently expanding our awesome business team.
We also believe that you need to like and respect the people you work with and have some fun together. Thus, at least every quarter we will pick a European city and an Airbnb and meet up to have some work but mostly fun We’re a diverse team of 17 (+89% since October) from UK, Germany, Holland, Italy, Latvia, Russia and Singapore with background in engineering, strategy consulting, enterprise sales, economics etc.. We have launched 30+ products in four countries and eager to grow even more.
We’re looking for an intern in Hamburg that will be involved in the implementation of our various products and driving our internationalization in Europe.
The day-to-day activities are a mix between the job of a business analyst & management consultant. You will engage with senior product managers from insurance companies as well as distribution partners in scoping and delivering the product and project scope on time and above expectation.
You will learn a great deal about the art of project management, operations, business development and pick up all aspects around running a startup and scaling a business.
We expect you to be capable of taking large areas of responsibility and independent delivery. Challenges include:
- Scoping a product/project
- Creating a project plan
- Managing the client along the milestones
- Proactively identifying problem areas and potential solutions
- Running the professional communication with the client
Supporting the management team in developing our business
- Suggest and scope additional features to the platform with our team in Germany, UK and Latvia
- Expanding the relationship and product range with our insurance partners
- Enlarging our insurer footprint in Europe
- Scout and support business development activities in general
Supporting the operations team to automate our business
- Getting an in depth, what drives digitization in the insurance industry
- Suggest and scope ideas to make processes leaner
- Support and structure operational activities
This internship position is a great opportunity to become part of a well-funded growing business during the scale-up phase, with a prospect to be offered a full-time position at the end of the stint. Career progression is far greater than in a regular (corporate) analyst or consultant roles and the responsibilities and learning opportunities are far greater and more varied. We are a bunch of cool, smart people on a mission to profoundly innovate the insurance landscape, creating something amazing with a great team. Are you for the challenge? Prove us that you got what it takes to fulfil your role with verve and there will be an incredible journey ahead of you.
Who you are
If you like what you’ve read so far, and you find yourself in the description below, send us your CV to email@example.com!
- Fluent in English and German (other European language also a plus)
- Pursuing a Bachelor / Master’s Degree
- Excellent communication skills
- High proficiency in Excel & Powerpoint
- Proactive can-do and humorous attitude
- Work hard play hard culture
- Eagerness to learn
We want someone who is independent and capable of taking responsibility for large areas of delivery.
Join and shape the future of insurance together with us!