At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver customer orders. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and as cost-effectively as possible. Amazon is seeking an exceptional Program Manager who will be part of a start-up group that’s defining and building cutting-edge products and service capabilities supporting Amazon’s current and future delivery initiatives. Come join the team and help us make history!
As Program Manager, Amazon Extra Large (AMXL) you will be responsible for managing significant operational processes across our European operations. You will be implementing standardized process and quality for our Amazon two-person / special handling delivery service “AMXL”. To be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable driving operational projects in a high-pressure and often ambiguous work environment and interfacing with various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. This role will include a mix of operational projects and short-term tactical tasks. The ideal candidate has a broad skill set including excellent business judgment, a deep curiosity about how things work, strong written and oral communication skills, and a passion for creating effective processes and mechanisms that scale.
Key responsibilities include:
· Deliver a comprehensive analytics capability to forensically investigate our processes, operations and technical systems, providing detailed, data-driven insight to shape our program and operational decisions
· Working with engineering, supply chain, and operations stakeholders to evaluate and support business decisions in an ambiguous environment
· Designing program mechanisms to reduce bottlenecks, improve communication, identify risks, and gather feedback from a wide range of worldwide stakeholders
· Develop regular program communication, including launch plans, timelines, status updates, post-launch assessments and performance reviews
· Rolling up your sleeves to help get things done: we’re in expansion mode!
· Proactively build and manage relationships with key internal stakeholders across a range of businesses
Location is relatively flexible on this role and it could also be based in Germany, Spain or UK.
This role is part of the Worldwide AMXL Program which is an initiative designed to help Amazon improve and expand the delivery of large items and those requiring special handling and additional services for exceptional customer experience. The target is to grow this business in EU with an excellent customer experience and cost position. This Program Manager will be a resourceful and confident team player who can think out of the box in an ambiguous problem space and is willing to roll up their sleeves to build a program that will significantly impact Amazon’s last-mile delivery capabilities globally.
· Program management experience with program and project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
· Leading new product or start-up related projects where processes will need to be defined
· Analytical experience, working with big data, querying complex systems in an operational environment
· Excel skills and reporting in other tools/systems to analyze data
· Experience working with technical product teams on requirements and implementing these into the operational environment
· Experience working with distributed teams, often in different countries
· Previous experience with leading multiple stakeholders across international organizations to improve process and quality
· Oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented work environment. You create order, without stifling progress and adaptation
· Lean 6 Sigma knowledge/experience
· Experience in delivering service and efficiency improvements within an intense operational environment
· Proficiency with SQL and directly interrogating databases
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.