Job Announcement: Production Manager
Airlabs has an opening for an experienced production manager who can oversee the supply chain and external manufacture of innovative units that clean urban air pollution. We are looking for a hands-on problem solver to implement our systems to make a positive impact on the world’s cities. The successful applicant will be the bridge between Airlabs’ scientists, engineers and designers and our external production partners.
- Manage the production process for commercial and consumer products by taking a detailed design from manufacture to assembly and installation
- Assist with product development to support efficiency and cost reduction in manufacturing
- Be hands on and when necessary travel to suppliers and installation sites in Europe and potentially further afield
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of air filtration material suppliers, as well as metal and plastic injection molding manufacturers
- Initialize and manage the procurement process by creating agreements with suppliers through constructive dialogue, while at the same time negotiating the best deals possible
Experience + Skills:
- You have solid work experience in production management in an engineering environment. Experience working with both Asian and European suppliers is a definite plus.
- You have been responsible for successfully implementing projects, including creating project timelines, cost analysis, and quality control checks. If you have experience working with LEAN process models it is a plus!
- You are able to multi-task; a team player who is outgoing, positive, and flexible.
- You are a strong negotiator who is able to get the best deal possible for the company.
- You are comfortable working independently to manage your responsibilities and complete assignments.
- Relevant academic degree such as Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain Management or another related field.
- Team player with communication skills able to work with different departments, executive ability· Excellent proficiency in written and oral English·
- Industrial experience with production management
- The opportunity to lead your own department, with the future possibility that as our start-up grows you will build a team under your management, while at the same time maintaining a close collaboration with other members of the Airlabs team of chemists, engineers, and designers.
- Valuable experience in a fast-paced startup that is making a positive impact in the world.
- A collaborative environment with a close knit and international team of experts in the fields of atmospheric chemistry, airflow engineering, and industrial design.
- The chance to get your hands dirty with diverse tasks, working to specify and build small scale assemblies, testing, and on site installations.
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV including references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16. September 2017. We will process applications as received; early applications are encouraged.
Airlabs is an award-winning startup that creates clean air zones in cities and reduces human exposure to air pollution. In the past year the company has grown significantly and we now have a portfolio of partners who are global leaders in their fields including JCDecaux, The Body Shop, and Transport for London (TfL).