Are you ready to transform mobility in cities with shared bikes?
Donkey Republic is expanding its fast-growing company and is seeking a talented individual for the Product team to join the family and help build our groundbreaking bike service. We are 14,000 bicycles large, expecting to serve +1million customers this year in 10 large and another 50 smaller cities in Europe.
These are exciting times for Donkey Republic as we are maturing our bike sharing services and growing our business every day. We are making a great dent in the universe by growing Europeans’ bike-print. We demonstrate how bike shares can play a major role in urban mobility. We are bringing Copenhagen to the world city by city - a great purpose to come to work every day.
What you’ll be doing:
This position is not about being creative or good with UX, but about being structured, having business and technology understanding and being an excellent communicator. You will make sure the product team executes effectively on the top priorities, and ensure there is high level of coordination, documentation and decision-making.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join us and one who believes success comes from working together well as a team, therefore you need to be a team player and thrive in an environment where we work towards shared goals. Most of what you will be doing is translating business priorities to the product team, planning and following up on the tasks.
You will be joining the product team which is 10 persons including a UX person, back-enders and App developers. You will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to keep the product team’s work structured, efficient, and aligned with business priorities. You will face many internal stakeholders, mostly marketing and support teams in order to understand business priorities, and you will ensure management decisions are implemented in the most effective way possible with the product team. While understanding business priorities, you will also understand product limitations and ensure the developers’ concerns are discussed and addressed before decisions are taken. Most of your time will be spent interacting with the development team clarifying the product tasks. You will constantly help the product team members understand the priorities, clarify issues and plan the execution.
Product team runs 2-weekly sprints, and you will ensure the features are described and ready for implementation, and concerns and priorities of all stakeholders are addressed. This is a key role in ensuring we keep building an excellent bike sharing platform, which we already believe to have done so far.
We expect you to:
- Be structured and organized.
- A strong communicator, written as well as oral.
- Be good at building relationships and trust.
- Be a team player.
- Love to interact with other people.
- Have an understanding of business fundamentals (either from school or previous work experience).
- Have deep understanding of technology (either from school or previous work experience)
- Have experience specifying technical features (apps, backend, etc.) in similar role
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken).
We would also like you to :
- Have affiliation with mobility space
- Have worked with different product management tools (we use Jira)
- Want to change the world with bikes.
What we can offer:
- Diversity of challenges! No two days will be the same and you will get valuable experience, taking responsibility and pushing your career to the next level.
- Diversity of people! The Donkey Squad contains a very tight group of talented people to learn from in marketing, technology, business development, customer support and operations, with 14 different nationalities.
- Be part of our growth. We’re investor-backed and expanding our business fast.
- A vibrant office in Startup Village in Islands Brygge
- Company lunch, Friday bars, team adventures (on bikes), company retreat twice yearly.
- A competitive package including company warrants,