algrano is a Swiss tech and coffee startup that changes the global trade of coffee. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: to revolutionize the centuries old coffee trade industry and make it transparent and digital. Through the algrano online platform, coffee growers promote and sell their coffees straight to roasters in Europe without worrying about the logistics. Awarded at our launch in 2015 as the best innovation by the European Coffee Industry Association, we currently count more than 1’000 growers and roasters from all over the world. Backed by a strong investors' network our vision is to become the key direct coffee trading platform.
As a Product Owner, you will embrace the vision of algrano. You will ensure a sustainable product development, provide clarity for the growing development team (currently Fabio & Zmago), and increase the chances of product success. You will be part of the product team. You will work in close collaboration with the Chief Product Officer (Christian), the service designer (Laura), and the developers. We use an adapted Kanban methodology to ensure high quality and rapid implementation. Your main tasks will include:
- Facilitator: You make sure that the developers can be as effective as possible. You organise meetings between the service designer, the developers, and other members of algrano’s staff, you write the minutes and keep the communication up to date and transparent.
- Specs writing: Based on the service designer’s research, you break down complexity into quickly implementable steps. You write feature specifications using Gherkin syntax.
- Quality assurance: You do feature testing to make sure it fits with the specifications. You refine the Gherkin with the developers as you identify new flaws.
You are a neat freak who is very organized and strict about following the rules. You are dependable, loyal, stable, consistent, hardworking, and punctual. Additionally, your strength include:
- You are curious: You “why” the users, to understand their needs, and you “how” the developers, to be aware of development challenges.
- You are able to say “no” to what does not seem relevant to the product.
- You have empathy and humbleness: You build the right product working side by side with the team. In case where you lack knowledge or expertise, you are able to step back and create a framework where decisions can be taken.
Your experience, background and skills include:
- Proven experience with software product management using Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, or Marketing.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Very good command of english (spoken and written)
- You are eligible for a working visa in Switzerland.
Bonus points for
- Experience with online B2B platform
- Knowledge in web technologies and software architectures (HTML, CSS, databases, …)
Why work for algrano
- You are part of a diverse team made of many cultural backgrounds and skills, united around a mission.
- For coworkers located in the Zürich office, we eat lunch together and, of course, drink frequent coffees together.
- We’re dedicated but know that you also have a life. That’s why we offer flexible working hours and 5 weeks of holidays.
- Our rapid growth generates opportunities for ambitious team members looking for new challenges and responsibilities
How to apply
We don't believe in cover letters, instead we prepared a set of questions that will help us to get to know you better. Get ready with your CV, you will have to upload it in the last step of the application form: https://algranocoffee.typeform.com/to/FwYauK