Ironhack Published: July 15, 2021
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works!
Doesn’t it seem odd that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution? Virtually all industries are pushing the limits on how to do things faster, better, and more efficiently. Yet, for the most part, people feel stuck on a 4+ year (and usually quite expensive) path that often results in an unfulfilling career path.
We empower students to create a new path - one that leads to meaningful careers in software development, product design or data analytics in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space to be unapologetically outcomes-driven. Whether students are looking to change careers, get a promotion, skip University, or start their own company, we work tirelessly every day to make sure this path is as quick, immersive, and accessible as possible. Hearing these success stories is what gets us out of bed each day, excited to come to work 🙂
It’s with this mindset that we’ve become one of the key global players in bridging the digital skills gap, serving both those looking to get into tech, as well as the companies hungry for tech talent.
● Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
● Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Berlin
● 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
● Graduated over 6500 students
● 100+ global team members
● Venture capital backed
About the gig
A large part of the success of Ironhack depends on quickly adapting our curriculum and portfolio to market needs. The Product Manager is a critical role to ensure we have clear vision and execution when building and updating our products to better meet the needs of our customers and the market.
We’re looking for a Product Manager that will be responsible for working with Software Engineers and Designers directly to build best-in-class education and education-related products. The Product Manager will report to the Product Management Lead, and is based in Madrid. Remote-friendly.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of product management, including:
• Defining and communicating the strategy with all involved stakeholders
• Gathering insights about our users and translating them into a prioritized backlog
• Identifying the right success metrics and tracking them
• Problem-solving with cross-functional experts in engineering, education, outcomes, data science
- Manages roadmap and timelines for Ironhack product and capabilities
- Works directly with software engineers and designers to develop new functionality (3-in-a-box model)
- Competitive analysis/assessment of existing products and competitor offerings
- Works with product data and the data team to identify opportunities
- Works with outcomes team to business and students needs into better outcomes for students through tooling and automation
- Works with Core Edu team to iterate on our educational experience
- Manage different products in the suite of tech products at Ironhack (website, LMS, CMS, Outcomes enablement, delivery enablement, etc.)
- User MVP-, user-focused and data-driven mindset to build, test, and iterate on the Ironhack experience
- Passionate about education and technology!
- Comfortable embracing a culture of constant experimentation
- Really positive, upbeat and social
- Encouraged by challenges and enjoy having tons of autonomy with no bureaucratic BS
- A do-er - the moment you get out of bed, you’re getting stuff done
- Fluent in English & Second Language
- Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Growth mindset and an eye towards continuous improvement
- Technologies & skills with professional experience:
- Organized and diligent in execution
- Problem and project management specialist
- Have a clear vision of 3-5 years in technology space
- Experience in applying agile methodologies and product-thinking
- Experience building tech products from the ground up
● Competitive salary
● Flexible work environment
● 100% Employer-paid healthcare (for US + LATAM full-time employees)
● Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors
● Learn to code, design, or analyze data: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
● Unlimited sick policy