Trouva unites 250 of the UK’s best independent boutiques with hundreds of thousands of people across the world who are looking for their next unique find. There are thousands of small independent boutiques spread out there in the physical world with beautiful product selections. Being able to discover and purchase these products is notoriously difficult. As TechCrunch put it we help store owners focus on what they do best; having beautiful offline experiences and selecting the right products for their customer base.
We’ve been around for about 20 months and have already been named one of the 5 fastest growing startups in the UK. Our goal is simple: To provide independent boutiques with the technology they need to thrive online and connect them with a community of people who desire beautiful products while doing so.
Our technology platform enables small business owners handle everything from inventory management to customer support & logistics. We provide customers with access to inventory that was not available before and create a seamless shopping experience when buying from independent boutiques.
As Product Manager you will work with our team, our boutique community and our customers to create beautiful online experiences. The challenge is diverse: you’ll have the opportunity to work on inventory management, order processing, internal communication tools, but also, and maybe most importantly, on creating an alternative shopping experience for the Trouva customer.
Sounds interesting? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner or similar, in a relevant industry - ecommerce, marketplace or B2B2C internet company.
- You are platform agnostic and have a track record of successfully shipping web and mobile products.
- You are able to go from high level product conceptualisation & strategising to hands-on execution. Ideally you have worked on a product from end to end - from conceptualisation to launching, and from launching to scaling.
- Beautiful products are the result of identifying the needs of the end-user (shops, customers, team) and joining forces within the team to get there. You’re inspired by thinking and trying out new processes to align the team with what we’re trying to achieve and getting things done.
- You are creative but more than being an innovation mastermind, you also have a strong analytical mindset. You are able to deal with data and convert data into problems, formulate solutions and execute the action plan. You are experienced or at least are familiar with the use of analytics (Google Analytics, MixPanel, Localytics, Heap or similar) and product management (JIRA, confluence, Slack) tools.
- Ideally, though you might not be an expert, you are comfortable designing mockups and wireframing - or even better jump straight into code to prove your concept.
All in all, you are obsessed with creating world class products and extraordinary user experience. Show us that you strive for creating outstanding experience for your users and that our product is definitely inspiring you.
We believe in communicating effectively, thoroughly, empathetically and openly. We involve other people in what we’re doing early on to ensure we’re moving in the right direction and get feedback on our plans.
We want to be supported by the whole team, but ultimately be empowered to drive solutions as individuals. To gain this level of trust, we need to be confident that we gather the right requirements, we test to prove what we’ve built works and we test to ensure the result is robust. Furthermore, we document because we respect our future selves and team members.
We are open and transparent in the way we work. We expose our ideas and solutions early and follow the mantra that good is better than perfect. We invite others to challenge our ideas and help us achieve the best we can. This allows us be confident we deliver what is expected in the timeline we have proposed.
We’re one of the fastest growing companies in the world and we have wild ambitions. We thrive by delivering quality, impactful products at a fast pace, while improving how we work as a team.