Who we are?
Catalyst is a team of passionate software engineers on a mission to take an entrepreneur-centric approach to addressing energy poverty and improve the livelihoods of people in the emerging markets of Africa and Southeast Asia.
What we believe in?
Agility- We believe that agile, state of the art IT is a critical success factor for companies in the markets that we support.
Collaboration- We think every team member should treat everyone — from people external to the company to coworkers — like a customer: listen and engage, be transparent, build trust, and take the extra step to help others.
Learning- We're dedicated to constant learning. We believe everyone has something valuable to share and we encourage knowledge sharing every day with every interaction.
What we offer?
We offer you purpose-oriented work and an attractive package including flexible work location, travel to emerging markets and equity in the company.
Come and join us: we are an inclusive, nice, honest and ambitious team. We care. We have fun.
We seek professionals with experience in:
- 5+ years of experience building consumer products in a product management role.
- Experience in recruiting, building and managing small teams of engineers.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Someone who can identify big opportunities, leverage design sprints, research, and engineering to prototype new products and ultimately influence leaders to invest in new areas.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to narrate a compelling story about the problem you’re solving and the vision you’re reaching for, combined with the ability to dive into the details.
We value and expect
- Ability to understand a client’s existing use-cases and propose solutions based on requirements.
- Critical thinking, analysis, troubleshooting, and problem-solving expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related field.
- Identify new strategic opportunities for growth adjacent to the Catalyst’s core business.
- Develop a framework for evaluating new opportunities and identifying which of those opportunities merit further research and development.
- Perform market validation and develop business cases for investing in new opportunities.
- Act as a conduit between designers and engineers to take a new product idea from concept to prototype to market, while holding all sides accountable.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical or operational constraints.
- Define product roadmaps for new prototypes, develop success metrics, and set expectations with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the CEO and CTO to develop the team’s strategy and long-term goals.
- Do whatever is necessary; general manager/co-founder /owner mentality.
We implement data management solutions and application networks for companies which provide clean energy, clean water, financial services and other essential services to the 1bn underserved people in frontier markets.