We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as a Product Introduction Test Engineers based at our site in Madrid, Spain.
Purpose of the job
The Product Introduction Test Engineers/Technicians is responsible and mandated to lead, manage and control all the PI related activities in the project in order to execute the operatons on requirements, and schedule.
Support de Project Product Introduction Manager in representing the project in all Product-Introduction-related matters and responsible for the execution of the onboard tests an on-site operations. He will be in direct contact within the depot with the customer Site Manager in representing the project in all Product- Introduction- related execution activities.
This person will develop his or her work in the depots/customers’ facilities and even on real track under dynamics. He or She will be responsible for providing electrical/electronic/mechanical support in technical issues during the commissioning and warranty of any of our projects, with regards to our scope of supply. This role may require flexibility in the working schedule, occasional overnight dynamic testing shift and sporadic commute mobility to reach the work location.
• Lead the Operations Team in all applicable PI Processes:
o Ensure that sufficient and adequately skilled resources are available to perform the PI deliverables
o Ensure that PI processes are implemented, communicated, used and supported in the depot
o Responsible that all PI related deliverables as described in the Work Breakdown Structure are performed in a timely manner and delivered in accordance with contract requirements, through planning, communication and control
• Responsible to report to Project PI Core Team progress of the PI related activities and assist the PM with PI matters during project reviews
• The Product Introduction Test Engineer applies electrical and mechanical theory and/or degree and knowledge to test, repair, and modify vehicles and equipment
• Responsible within the context of the specific project, to ensure that delivered products receive agreed rectification through retrofit programs and similar
• Ensure product updates related manuals and instructions are distributed and communicated internally according to agreed rectification through retrofit programs and similar
• Ensure that field experience and field data is feed-back to the project in accordance with the PI process during start-up, design, realization and field support phases (this includes providing support for the Design task within Maintenance or Engineering activities)
• Manage a control system for monitoring and measuring devices at the field sites, including logging and diagnosis analysis
• Responsible, together with the Product Introduction and Warranty Manager and the designated Customer Service Site Manager, to establish the strategy and mobilization plan for PI in service; the implementation of a rigorous incident management organization; the follow-up of the NCRs; the Open items List quick solutions and the AVM’s retrofits implementation through the Management control center
• In the Technical part has to:
o To perform field test, reparations, failures and breakdown troubleshooting. On-track work during commissioning and warranty phases to provide information related to activity tracking, main failures,... according to Product Support activities requirements.
o Coordination and performance of on-track fixing and modification
o On-track claim management
o To control supply "RAMSE" and submit data to Product Support
o To perform the plan of systematic modifications (Product Support data)
o Support Engineering during Type Test
• Implement and enforce HSE requirements on site with the support of HSE team representatives.
• Relevant previous experience in a similar role in product introduction rolling stock – mandatory
• Electrical/Mechanical studies
• Good knowledge of problem techniques and statistical approach
• Bogies, propulsion, and control system knowledge appreciated
• Diagnosis system and IS diagnostic tools knowledge
• Spanish - fluent, English- intermediate.