This job was posted on Worksome, the new platform for matching highly skilled independent consultants and freelancers with companies, bypassing recruiters at a 4% fee. Sign up now and directly contact the company!
We are in need of a product-focused frontend Engineer who is confident across our technology stack of React/Typescript/GraphQL.
This is a full time freelance contract which we aim to transition into full time, if there's a match and interest both ways.
This opportunity is for a on-demand insights platform, powered by AI. This product has validation, enormous market potential and has raised financing from top venture funds.
The core technology is the "interactions graph". It's like the social graph, but for the physical world - quantifying the interactions of millions of people with stores, buildings, parks, retail areas and more. It's built with a proprietary set of machine learning algorithm designed to extract metrics on human behaviour, and the raw material is from a network of partners (over 65) with anonymised geographic, IOT, telecom and mobility data.
You will be working on an existing market-validated product, with a prioritised backlog of user stories groomed and ready for you to hit the ground running from your day one.
To begin with, your day-to-day will be working through this backlog. However, you’ll be growing into a leadership role from day one, working in close quarters alongside the product, CTO and data sciences team to build an intuitive and useful user experience for discovering insights.
You’ll be integral to our ability to meet the requirements of product scale up, and your technical and product contributions will profoundly influence the direction the product takes in the long-term.
You look like someone who definitely:
• Has at least 2-3 years commercial Engineering experience
• Has an understanding and first-hand experience across the frontend
• Is able to work constructively alongside a Product Owner
• Has a desire to work in an early-stage startup, with everything this implies
• Enjoys small teams and big ambitions
• Enjoys the pressure of responsibility and the responsibility of autonomy
• Is passionate about product (maybe even entrepreneurial?)
And maybe even has (for bonus points!):
• Python (Django)
• Early-stage startup experience
• A CS-related degree
• Experience working with and deploying to GCP
• A DevOps mindset