GG Brands offers via its online brands JewelCandle & OZOI, inventive scented products such as candles, diffusers, and essential oils that are already appreciated by customers in more than 8 European countries, with more to come! Headquartered in Berlin, we are expanding very fast and therefore always looking for new highly motivated team members who share our vision, to disrupt the scented products industry and become a globally successful and renowned company.
As a Product Developer, you will act as a project manager and you will be in charge of developing the portfolio of our brand JewelCandle, to coordinate the various stakeholders involved and to make sure that they deliver on time for an effective launch on the market.
- You collaborate with our Brand Managers to get markets and target groups insights and develop tailor-made product recommendations, new concepts, and line extensions appropriate for business needs. You then report on results and support in the further development of the business model.
- You own end-to-end new product development and are responsible for a wide range of tasks, from timeline strategic development of the roadmap up to the operational implementation of the projects with the various IT, content, design, production, and sourcing teams in an efficient, iterative process.
- You partner cross-functionally with all teams to ensure brand & strategy alignment, build strong feedback loops, manage schedules and timelines and ensure they are maintained.
- Keep internal teams updated on the status through the development and redevelopment process and clearly and expeditiously communicates changes and corrections to internal and external teams.
- Manages the product testing records and processes with end users, internal and external team, and any 3rd party testing required.
- Drive continuous improvements of existing products, with a “no improvement is too small” attitude to material and designs that both enhance quality and optimize costs.
- Enforce GGB’s brands' values, aesthetic, quality, and functionality standards across all our products and packaging, as well as unique product standards outlined.
- Own forecasting & capacity planning, as well as sampling and manufacturing lead-times, and maintain accurate product development records online lists, cost sheets, sample orders, and other information records.
- You develop the product to meet price, minimums, and sourcing strategies and you are responsible to review and assure that all detailed costs are negotiated and meet margin goals from ideation through launch.
- Cooperate with Sourcing Manager to negotiate pricing, terms, and manufacturing capabilities during various points in the product development cycle for both new and existing products.
- You understand the rules and regulations to achieve the outlined standards to ensure compliance to brand, regulatory, and other standards and you are directly responsible to assure the accuracy and maintenance of the bill of material information on all security labels.
- Continually looking for innovative and technologically advanced products, materials, trims, and colors that meet the needs of the mission statement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 to 4 years of relevant experience in consumer product development. Experience in FMCG and lifestyle product development is a plus.
- You always have the user requirements in mind, bringing them into your daily work, with a demonstrated track record of successfully developing the requirements for successful product launches and lifecycles
- Superior organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload autonomously with an uncompromising obsession with high-quality work
- You constantly look for ways to improve and promote quality and can generate creative solutions and demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- You are creative & interested in fashion trends with a strong aesthetic sensibility and an eye for good design
- You have good English and German language skills
Why joining GG Brands' journey?
- Have a massive impact on the success of a fast-growing business
- Work in a start-up environment and be part of fast-paced, thriving e-commerce that is revolutionizing the candle industry
- Be part of a highly motivated international team of internet professionals in the heart of Berlin
- Self-responsibility, autonomy, and flat hierarchy
- An attractive salary package and free company complement.