What We Do
Apolitical is a social learning platform for government. Our mission is to help build 21st century governments that work for people and the planet. We equip policymakers with the knowledge, skills and community they need to solve the world’s hardest challenges. Our platform is used by more than 150,000 public servants and policymakers in 170 countries, with community members ranging from mayors, ministers, and heads of civil services to policy pioneers and digital disruptors. Apolitical is backed by mission-driven investors around the world and by prestigious European Union innovation funding. Apolitical’s decision-making and team culture is guided by The Apolitical Leadership Principles and The Apolitical Charter.
We are looking for an exceptional Product Designer (UX & UI) to help build our world-class social learning platform. Your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering user requirements
- Designing wireframes
- Evolving our design system
- Designing front-end experiences and components (using Figma)
- Interaction design
- Collaborating with key stakeholders (e.g. product managers, engineers and the partnerships team)
- Building interactive prototypes (in Figma)
- Testing with users
- Measuring the impact of your work
Apolitical consists of 50+ exceptionally smart, mission-driven and kind people. You will be joining a team of two other designers (Product Designer and UX Designer), two Product Managers and reporting into the VP of Product & Design. We operate with a squad structure, so you will also be working closely with others in your squad (e.g. engineers, data scientists and growth experts).
- Proven work experience as a Product Designer (UX/UI)
- Portfolio of design projects which demonstrate impact
- Ability to work in Figma
- Maintain organised design files with structured folders, clear naming conventions and use of components, etc.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Thrive on receiving feedback for continuously improving
- A passionate learner, always pushing yourself to develop your craft
- Good time-management skills