We believe that travel changes people to the better. JoinMyTrip enables everyone to discover the world together with others. We take the Sharing Economy to the core of the travel industry.
We are currently looking for an experienced adventurer whose home is the world and whose passion is product design. You should have a vision for our product, our users will become your best friends and you want to push our product to the next level!
We’re looking for a product designer to contribute to this challenge from start to finish: understanding how people solve their problems through our service, evolving our mental models to facilitate this problem solving, crafting intuitive and beautiful interactions that are a joy to use, and shipping features that impact our business metrics. If you like forging simple, elegant solutions, we look forward to having you apply.
What you’ll do
- Immerse yourself in company strategy, user research, and data to understand our biggest opportunities for growth and platform evolution
- Build roadmaps, goals and success metrics focused on the most exciting and high-impact problems
- Deeply understand a complex problem space and find simple, powerful design solutions
- Generate your own ideas, and drive collaborative processes to elicit ideas from your teammates
- Explore those ideas via mockups, interactive prototypes, usability testing, and also documentation
- Work within our existing design system, and improve it when necessary
- Partner with engineering to understand the technical constraints of a project, and make pragmatic tradeoffs on your designs
- Craft your designs through every stage of the process: From exploratory concept through pixel-perfect, shipped UI
Who you are
- You have 4+ years designing websites / apps in a product-driven company (Experience in the C2C space is a plus)
- You have a portfolio showing your work, passions, process, and impact
- You like thinking about complex problems, and enjoy exploring the ambiguity inherent to defining a new service category
- You care about the details of your work, and love crafting pixel-perfect UI
- You like collaborating with teammates in Marketing and Engineering
- You like shipping, and are willing to make hard tradeoffs in order to get features in the hands of customers
- You like impact, seeing how your work makes peoples’ lives better and moves business metrics
- You’re a self-starter, who can proactively identify opportunities for impact even when they’re not assigned to you
- You enjoy collaboration and feedback, can give constructive and respectful critiques of others’ work, and can explain the reasoning behind your design decisions and opinions
- You’re comfortable in a high-growth startup, can balance many simultaneous projects, and thrive in fast-paced environments