Process Control Engineer
Job title Process Control Engineer Contract Type Regular Publication date 2022-11-07 Country Poland
A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 75 countries with approximately 66,400 employees and serves more than 3.
8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy.
They embody Air Liquide's scientific territory and have been at the core of the company's activities since its creation in 1902.
Description of the entity and activities
Air Liquide Engineering & Construction - A technology partner of choice
Air Liquide Engineering & Construction builds the Group's production units (mainly air gas separation and hydrogen production units) and provides external customers with efficient, sustainable, customized technology and process solutions.
Our core expertise in industrial gas, energy conversion and gas purification, enables customers to optimize natural resources.
We cover the entire project life-cycle: license engineering services / proprietary equipment, high-end engineering & design capabilities, project management & execution services.
In addition we also offer efficient customer services through our worldwide set-up.
As a technology partner, customers benefit from our research and development to achieve energy transition goals.
Air Liquide's ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability - with a strong commitment to climate change and energy transition at the heart of its strategy.
Missions and Duties
- Performing design tasks for Process Control for petrochemical or refinery industry. Size of the performed projects could extend from feasibility study to turnkey construction of large plants, which are built worldwide,
- Contribution in preparation of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams,
- Development together with Process engineer Process Control design as eg: P&IDs, functional descriptions for sequence control, safeguard functions, complex loops and alarm & setpoint list;
- Defining functional diagrams.
- Preparation of Input data for BPCS / SIS configuration (database, logics, graphics, etc);
- Preparation technical design specification for control and safety systems (BPCS / SIS) hardware and software;
- Contribution in procurement activities for control and safety systems and BPCS / SIS cabinet container;
- Contribution in review meetings (HAZOP / SIL etc.);
- Verification of project documentation with respect to its completeness and accordance with standards, branch regulations and contract requirements;
- Participation in the Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT, SAT) for hardware and software for BPCS and SIS systems;
- Coordination of Package Units, interfaces to other disciplines, clients and vendors;
- Development in-house configuration of control and safety systems (eg Yokogawa);
- Development into the direction of Process Control Lead Engineer, Design Authority / TCL Expert;
- Development of innovative and creative Process Control solutions for our customers, contributing to the further development of Air Liquide's proprietary technologies.
- Supervision of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up on site for customers around the world;
- Potential mid-term development for other positions as eg Engineering Manager, Project Manager.
Competencies and profiles
Skills and profile:
- Master's degree in Instrumentation or Chemical Engineering, superior grades;
- 3+ years experience in a plant engineering company as Process Control engineer;
- Ability to work independently on the preparation of proposals and execution of projects for instrumentation for domestic and international projects;
- Fluent in Polish and English, knowledge of German / Russian or other languages would be appreciated;
- Knowledge of Functional Safety of Programmable Electronic System and Safety Instrumented System for Process Industry in acc.
- to IEC 61508 and 61511 standards would be appreciated;
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity standards would be appreciated,
- Knowledge of BPCS / SIS vendors programming software would be an advantage (Yokogawa, EMERSON):
- Computer skills, knowledge of applications such as MS Office, ACAD, use Smart Plant Instrumentation would be appreciated;
- Eager to work in a multi-cultural team, willing to travel short and long term (3-6 months) to other engineering centers and construction sites worldwide;
- High interpersonal skills.
- Interesting, challenging position in an international company,
- Work in a multicultural team,
- Trainings and opportunities to develop,
- Wide possibilities of career development,
- Attractive compensation and benefits package,
- Possibility to purchase company shares on preferential terms,
- Private healthcare and MultiSport card.
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae in English.
We thank all interested candidates for their applications.
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates.