General mission: sourcing, due diligence, deal making and follow-on with portfolio companies
- sourcing early stage startups across Europe (hunting)
- managing dealfow and involving our community of investors (“daphnipolitans”) to source and analyze the opportunities
- making market analyses and due diligence on tech startup (autonomously)
- deal structuring and terms negociation
- deal making (documentations compliant with the internal procedures)
- following on with portfolio companies (board membership, recurring advice, matchmaking with the daphnipolitans, help for the recruitments of talents, reporting, etc.)
- taking part of the valuation and reporting about the portfolio companies
- building relationship with tech influencers (founders, business angels, accelerators, journalists, etc.)
- contributing to our media, daphni chronicles and realizing market study
- participating to public events
Environnement & relationship with the management company:
- position based in Paris. Regular travel.
- follow-on with startups with the rest of the team and daphnipolis (the community around the management company)
- update and collaboration with the teams in charge of events, content and product
- working conditions: https://medium.com/daphni-chronicles/work-daphni-b60b7e510fdf#.xsjwzaxbh
- Startup experience. Investment is a plus. (At least 6 years of experience)
- Tech background
- Connected to at least one tech hub in Europe (especially Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, London, Malmö/Copenhagen, Amsterdam)
- Multi-cultural background. Bonus: not French.
- Mutant (like to innovate, think differently)
- Fluent in English. Bonus: fluency in French and/or other language.
Traits & qualities:
- Analytical qualities. Strategic thinker.
- Good interpersonal skills. Good capacity to convince.
- Team worker. Desire to help others. Sense of care. No ego-doer.
- Tech savvy. Good knowledge about the tech ecosystem.
- Polyvalent and proactive, have a liking for operations. Take risks.
- Organized and rigorous. High autonomy.
- Ability to embrace chaos and a fast moving environment
- Sense of detail. Love of good design. Look for fairness.
- A sensitive “uh-oh feeling” and willingness/experience to trust it. Humility.
- Assertiveness. Daring to stand out.