Help us to deliver amazing web apps. Inspire those around you.
Making sure you fit the guidelines as an applicant for this role is essential, please read the below carefully.
We've got opportunities for you to work on interesting projects, innovate with the latest technologies and produce solutions that delight our clients.
Do you have experience in developing complex SPAs? Do you care about writing clean, maintainable and testable code? If so, we've got a great role for you to stretch your wings and see what you're really capable of.
Who are we
xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software agency based in the centres of Leeds and Edinburgh. We pride ourselves on working closely and collaboratively with our clients to craft intuitive user experiences and valuable products across a wide range of industries, technologies, and clients.
Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality, robust and thoughtful end-products has enabled us to scale to over 200 people in the last couple of years, and we are preparing for further growth.
We are a people-first business, with employee learning, development and well-being high on our agenda. We have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering.
You’ll get close support from your line manager with your day to day work as well as looking at the bigger picture of your career growth and knowledge development.
As well as our wide range of benefits and perks, including personal development days, we have a running club, regular activity challenges and we run social events in person and online for those interested to join.
We care about hiring great people so you'll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together.
Developers, testers, product owners and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible.
Every day's progress is a communal effort and you'll be a valued member of the team.
Our tech-stack is mainly, but not limited to, typescript-based react. We conduct unit testing and code reviews across the board and have an internal react boilerplate to help us set up greenfield projects utilising the latest technologies and standards as well as approaches that we regularly discuss and review as a team.
When working with clients with existing codebases we aim to consult and help them find the best solution, drive their technology standards and understanding forward.
We also have a range of internal projects and allocated personal development time that we utilise to explore and drive forward latest frontend technologies, like Next.
js or Gatsby. We promote ownership from inception through to production with our developers writing unit, feature, integration and e2e using tools such as React Testing Library, Cypress, Enzyme and Webdriver.
- Identifying and collaborating to resolve challenging issues across multiple technologies, platforms, and projects
- Influencing and collaborating on technical decisions across the frontend and wider engineering teams
- Being an advocate for engineering best practices across web and mobile platforms
- Mentoring and teaching other developers on your team
- Leading technical strategies across projects and with clients
- Define, document and implement technical solutions or standards that are appropriate for project delivery requirements
- Temporarily bolstering a team to pair or write code on problems that are particularly complex, difficult, high impact, or novel
js, Angular, Svelte etc.)
- Comfortable taking a leading role among your peers, advocating for improving our approaches and mentoring other developers
- Experience in TDD, writing testable code and unit / integrations tests
- Experience of optimisation for performance, accessibility and security
- Experience with API-driven development
- Experience working as part of an agile development team
- Experience working with cloud services & CI / CD (e.g. AWS, Jenkins)
- Variety - the chance to work with a wide range of clients from start-ups to big name brands
- Personal development and progression plans including 6 learning and development days
- 32 days holiday a year (inc Bank Holidays, which you’re free to take whenever you want)
- Private medical Insurance (and wellbeing incentives, deals and discounts) with Vitality
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave policies
- Access to a financial wellbeing platform (via Bippit)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (in person and remotely)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A competitive salary which we’ll discuss with you at the start of the hiring process
- YuLife employee benefits and lots more!
This position is available for UK based remote working as well as office or hybrid working for those based around Edinburgh or Leeds.
Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.
We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills and points of view help us build the best workplace possible and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion.
If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don’t hesitate to let us know.