Working for a early‐stage startup can be a bit of a culture shock.
Accountability and constantly moving goal posts is not for everyone. However, entrepreneurial‐minded people want to join a startup for one reason ‐ they want to create a bigger impact. Forbes.com recently published an article about working at a startup and listed having a real sense of ownership and enhanced early responsibility as two major benefits to working for a startup.
In this specific role, as the software team grows, we will help you grow into our Vice‐President of Software Engineering.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Software Engineers at Additive Automations are responsible for defining and implementing the systems that make Software‐Defined Manufacturing possible. You will lead a software team in the Additive Automations Sheffield office to define and implement our software stack ‐ from robot to cloud.
As Principal Software Engineer you will firstly be developing our robotic simulation environment. You will then be responsible for industrialising this digital development environment, which includes integration into a cloud management & monitoring system. You will create some of the applications that will help deploy our robots and software robustly into a variety of factory conditions around the world.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build components and produce products. If you’re ready to apply exceptional engineering practices and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity to “Add Adventure”.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience (Software Engineer or equivalent) designing and implementing SOA services.
- Experience building simulation software for robotics or mechanical systems.
- Solid understanding and application of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Understanding of scaling and operational concerns for large software systems.
- Ability to work in a variety of compute environments (Windows, Linux, AWS).
- Experience with manufacturing engineering systems (PLC, Real‐Time systems, industrial robotics).
- Experience developing CAD or 3D software.
- Demonstrated ability to ship code to customers.
- Experience communicating with users, technical leaders and management to collect requirements, describe system designs, and set product strategy.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of software engineering best practices relating to the SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI/CD, testing and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow other team members.
WHO YOU ARE
- You believe in a customer first approach.
- You believe in the power of the team, diversity of thought and unity of action.
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments and practice transparency.
- You think boldy, lead with courage and demand the high‐ est standards.
- You drive for results and act like an owner. Working for a early‐stage startup can be a bit of a culture shock.
At Additive Automations our mission is to help companies manufacture more 3D Printed components, at a higher‐quality and lower cost; by combining configurable robots with an intelligent software we hope to usher in a new era of rapid production.
Our technology is more than just IoT and pretty dashboards, it’s about adding eyes and brains to the muscles of ordinary machines.
Let’s disrupt an industry. It will be fun.
Life at AA
You’ll join a growing team of 4; mechanical and electronics engineers. We believe our Yorkshire location is unbeatable: Sheffield is the only city within a national park in the UK, highest ratio of trees to people of any European city, 57 breweries, some of Britain’s best pubs, a unique music scene thats boasts home grown talent such as The Artic Monkey’s, the largest regional theatre complex outside London and in Manchester, just 30 miles away, the fastest growing European tech city.
We are enabling the 4th paradigm of industrialisation and protecting people at the same time. If you want protect the earth, protect people, empower humans with robots and decarbonise the UK then we want to hear from you.
• It’s important to us that all AA’s are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role.
• Above market‐rate salary; and negotiable.
• A full week of work‐remote a year, in addition to 25 days of paid holiday.
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Curate your career with development experiences uniquely suited to you.
• We’re family friendly, with policies built to support you in all stages of life.
• “Add Adventure”. Monthly team socials to get out and enjoy nature and protect the planet.
(1) Send application (CV & Cover Letter)
(2) Phone Interview
(3) Technical Challenge
(4) On‐site Interview
We’re disruptors, innovators and adventurers who aren’t afraid to challenge what’s possible.
At Additive Automations we reimagine the factory through software‐defined manufacturing. Our team of passionate and experienced engineers combine the best of 3D Printing and robotics. We are now building the team to combine the best of software with machine learning, computer vision and data science to deliver solutions that will transform an industry.