We are working with a disruptive new fund breaking down the traditional venture capital model. They are close to closing their maiden fund with an LP base of corporate investors and family offices. They will work closely with these investors to design and build bespoke portfolios of direct start-up investments based on a jointly crafted strategy driven by their goals. The team consists of seasoned venture capitalists with both operational and financial experience empower smart capital to access the latest innovation.
They are a generalist investor with a bias towards late seed/series A B2B SaaS in Europe & UK. They invest across sectors with thematic tilts driven by their investors. The fund began investing in 2020 and has already closed investments alongside the likes of Episode1, 7percent, Kima Ventures, Seedcamp, Y Combinator, and Pioneer Fund. They have continued investing throughout COVID, whilst also receiving considerable interest from new investors.
They are now scaling up our investment team ahead of significant expansion in 2021.
They are looking to expand the investment team with an experienced Principal that has a deep knowledge of the VC industry. You will need an entrepreneurial mindset and ambition to source and secure the best investment opportunities.
This represents a unique opportunity to join a new firm in its early days, helping drive and shape its trajectory. As a Principal, you will play a crucial role in a dynamic team by supporting all investment related responsibilities, which will give a holistic overview of the business.
As an Principal in this entrepreneurial fund you will be able to participate in significant upside in carried interest. You would be expected to be on Partner track with good visibility on promotion.
- Leading the team on the execution of investments end-to-end from initial screening through due diligence and closing
- Take a leading role in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment, attending board meetings and making follow on investments
- Lead the sourcing of new deal flow and building on your existing network within the start-up space
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments
- A self-driven entrepreneurial minded VC investor
- Significant experience investing at an institutional VC, with a track record of sourcing and supporting deal execution
- An interest in driving impact with an emerging VC, whilst comfortable operating in an unstructured environment
- Strong analytical, financial modelling and reporting skills
- Analytical, humble and pragmatic person with a can-do attitude
- Strong analytical mindset, with a demonstrable passion for venture and growth investing