The Hospitality Cloud Operation team is focused on maximizing service availability for our hotel product service offerings and on maintaining the service across global Oracle data centers. Our team runs with a start-up-like approach, leaving room for creative freedom. We have worked to assemble the smartest people in the industry to build and grow this revolutionary and disruptive team.
We are looking to add new members to this dynamic team and are seeking subject matter experts for designing and continuously improving reliability for Oracle Database components within current our solution portfolio, while aiding the move to Cloud Native / Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
About The Job
As part of the Cloud Application Engineering team, you will be continually challenged and directly contribute to the success of our Oracle Hospitality cloud service offerings, every day, working closely with Product Development Partners, Infrastructure partners and Site Reliability Engineering.
As a Database Engineer, Hospitality Cloud, you will solve interesting technical challenges by troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
Service Ownership –You will be part of the Cloud Application Engineering team, whose mission is the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas, with our Development and SRE partners.
Ownership Scope –you will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own.
Operations Engineering – You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own. To understand and communicate every characteristic of their service stack, such as:
- degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies
- end-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
- Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors
- scaling requirements and patterns
- resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained
- making sure that all environments are being actively monitored and the alerts are picked up and being actively worked on
- Automation – You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt.
As a Database Engineer, Hospitality Cloud you will utilize your RDBMS expertise in areas such operational readiness, best practices adoption, continuous improvement of RDBMS reliability & performance, high availability, Critical production troubleshooting etc.
Ideal Qualification/ Experience
* BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 7 years of hand-on experience in administering Enterprise High Availability, multi-tenant Oracle RAC RDBMS environments.
* Extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS high availability concepts and best practices.
* Extensive knowledge of Golden Gate replication.
* Strong Database Administration and PL/SQL skills.
* Desire to adhere to and implement Best Practices covering Oracle RDBMS product suite.
* Expert knowledge of daily administration activities such as Datapump Export/Import, Database migration/cloning, RMAN, Data Guard replication, Golden Gate replication, backup/restore, patching, maintenance, upgrades, storage layout, capacity planning and access control.
* Experience with MAA deployments and reference architecture.
* Proficient with automation of maintenance tasks using PL/SQL and scripting tools such as shell script, Perl or Python
* Hands on experience with VPD, Data Vault, TDE, Audit Vault.
* Knowledge of networking and security i.e. DNS records, Load Balancers (F5 / LbaaS), subnets, TLS, SSL, SAML etc.
* Conducting performance tuning to maintain system stability.
* Provide senior-level technical support on solving complex issues requiring rapid resolution related to Oracle RDBMS solutions and environments.
* Server hardware configuration /Linux internals and administration
* Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet/Chef or an equivalent
* Experience / Knowledge of IT Security and compliance, PA-DSS, PCI DSS
* Understanding of Cloud Native computing foundation Charter and Cloud Native Technologies.
* Defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products
* Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologies
* Willingness to participate in 24/7 on call rota
NOTE: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role at this time. No candidates requiring visa sponsorship will be considered.
Work with a world class team to provide enterprise-wide, Oracle Database Administration support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support. Provide DBA support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
As a Senior Database Administrator, you are instrumental in researching, evaluating, designing, testing, recommending, and planning the implementation of new versions of Oracle database and database tools. May act as a team lead during database implementations and for system operation and maintenance.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years of experience supporting relational databases as a DBA, with multiple distributed relational DBSM*s or a depth and focus in Oracle and related tools. Success at using the DBMS to optimize the performance of large databases for enterprise use is greatly preferred. Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable. BS or equivalent desired.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).