Disclaimer: this role can be done (remotely) from anywhere from where it's comfortable to work within CET
Board of Innovation is an independently owned business design and innovation strategy firm. We have a hybrid work policy that allows us to attract the best talent. Our hubs are located in Antwerp, Amsterdam, New York, and Singapore but our talent is globally distributed. This diversity allows our business designers to uniquely help the world's largest organizations navigate fundamental shifts. And we do this by developing growth strategies, innovation capabilities, and new businesses with many of the world's largest organizations (have a look at our cases here: https://www.boardofinnovation.com/client-cases/)
Our EMEA team is looking to bring a Principal Consultant on board. In this role, you’ll lead a team of business designers, coach them in their day-to-day activities, and develop meaningful client relationships.
Board of Innovation is a growing and evolving startup-style environment. You’ll notice that we’re all about entrepreneurship here, so the role is yours to develop and expand. Of course, experience in consulting or corporate innovation is required since innovation consultancy for strategical clients will become part of your role.
- You source/staff people for your team and hire business designers when needed for new projects
- You grow your team and follow up do weekly check-ins with everyone individually
- You analyze your current account management strategy and processes and are able to spot bottlenecks and opportunities
- You deeply understand the needs of clients and translate these into compelling solutions and sales proposals
- You negotiate complex deals with procurement and C-suite for existing clients
- You participate in competitive tenders and create stand-out stories when the new biz team asks for your help
- You map out stakeholders in a large corporate context and are able to grow meaningful client partnerships accordingly
- You coach and support the consultants in innovation consultancy and account management and help with hiring the best profiles for our teams.
- You make sure that the people in your team thrive and that they can grow towards their ambitious dream job
- You can financially manage a team from client billing to profitability.
- You help clients (250K+) shape and execute their growth and innovation strategies by building and coaching their internal innovation teams
- You support corporate innovation teams in their quest for new desirable, viable, and feasible business opportunities. Together you turn these opportunities into significant business value and results (e.g. by creating disruptive new business models, generating actual new revenue streams, coaching a new product launch, etc.).
- Substantial relevant experience in Business Design (e.g. as a senior innovation consultant, senior business designer, business lead,...)
- Strong background in "Industrial", e.g. Heavy industry, energy, raw materials, B2B,...
- Substantial relevant experience in the execution of project work (e.g. within innovation, management consulting, facilitation, business design)
- Must have experience building relationships at the leadership level of global enterprises
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about customer-centric design, corporate innovation, new business models and next-generation technologies
- Must have experience in building proposals tailored to their objectives that focus entirely on the deliverables that we can offer
- Ability to travel to participate in client engagements in EMEA (post covid)
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: an authentic, humble personality, a no-nonsense approach, a relentless drive to learn, an open mindset, an entrepreneurial attitude, a true team spirit (no ego!) and you share our ‘make it matter’ mentality
Why work at Board of Innovation
- You enjoy being part of a global innovation consultancy working for some of the biggest brands in the world (like Roche, AB Inbev, Adidas, Philips, Danone, ING, Unicef, Toyota, Almarai, SHV Energy) and many more
- You want numerous on-the-job-and-beyond learning opportunities, and you'll receive a self-development budget.
- You look for a place where you can be your whole self, and become part of a highly talented, ambitious, international, and diverse team (+30 different nationalities and counting!)
- You are eager to build a global professional network through our offices and clients worldwide (New York, Singapore, Antwerp, Amsterdam)
- You will get an interesting, market-conform remuneration package.
- Every year, we gather our colleagues from around the world for a week of team bonding, workshops, strategy sessions, and unwinding - we call it ‘Summer Office’.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce with Hubs in Belgium (Antwerp), the United States (New York) and Singapore.
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere from where it’s comfortable to work within Central European Timezone
- Contract or payroll? We’re open to discuss both options. In countries where we don’t have a legal entity we can provide compliant payroll and contracts through our global EOR partner.
Board of Innovation recognizes the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Interested? Read more about our culture, mission and values! https://www.boardofinnovation.com/about-us/