Mosaic Smart Data Limited (Mosaic) is a data analytics company servicing the financial services industry. Since its foundation in 2014, has been developing its MSX® platform into an award winning data analytics solution for financial services markets.
Mosaic’s MSX® platform harnesses the abundance of trading data available to financial services firms and translates it into real-time data analytics, enabling users to better understand the behavior of their customers and thereby increase market share and maximize profitability.
Mosaic’s technology uses machine learning, natural language generation, and natural language processing to provide historical, real-time and predictive analytics.
Mosaic’s customers include global investment banks. Mosaic’s partnerships include the European Space Agency, where Mosaic is working to apply their machine learning models in financial markets.
About the role : *We’re looking for an experienced Principal Cloud Security Engineer to join our highly skilled team to secure our award-winning MSX® data analytics platform in our AWS cloud environment.
The role will provide the opportunity to work directly with technologists at leading investment banks. The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer who cares passionately about the quality of their work.
We are looking for someone who can work well within a team, is able to articulate problems, and can use their own initiative to identify and implement solutions.
This role is part of a broader recruitment effort to scale the organization to meet market opportunity. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a successful start-up and to share in our future growth as we embark on the next step of our incredible journey.
- Responsibilities : Secure data and workloads in the AWS cloud.* Define and implement cloud security strategy
- *Requirements : Experience working with multi-account AWS organizations* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner* Evidence of good technical documentation practises* AWS Certified Security Specialty.
- Equivalent certification will be considered providing you can demonstrate experience with AWS solutions
The following skills and experience are recommended pre-requisites for the AWS certification and are all required by in this role :
* Five years of IT security experience in designing and implementing security solutions and at least two years of hands-on experience in securing AWS workloads
* Working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment and an understanding of security operations and risks
* Knowledge of the AWS shared responsibility model and its application;
- security controls for workloads on AWS; logging and monitoring strategies; cloud security threat models; patch management and security automation; ways to enhance AWS security services with third-party tools and services; and disaster recovery controls, including BCP and backups, encryption, access control, and data retention
- * Understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms, data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to implement them, and secure internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them
- * Ability to make trade-off decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity to meet a set of application requirements
*Learning opportunities :
*The successful candidate will join a small team of highly skilled engineers and data scientists working on a highly innovative FinTech product.
The successful candidate will :
* Expand technical skillset and experience (see technologies used above)
* Get exposure to complete software development lifecycle using an agile delivery model
* Gain an understanding of what’s required to build and scale a successful start-up
* Build tools for use by the world’s largest investment banks* Build knowledge of financial products and complex financial analytics
*Gain an understanding of machine learning and AI algorithms
*Learn how to manage customer relationships Flexible / Remote Working Options
*Option Scheme* 25 Days Holiday* Equipment (Macbook)* Private Medical Insurance* Life Insurance* Pension* Employee Benefits Platform* Video Call* Tech Interview* Video Interview with COOAWS, Cloud SecurityAWS, Cloud Security, Cloud Computing