Akur8 is a young, dynamic, fast growing Insurtech startup that is revolutionizing insurance pricing with transparent AI.
Since 2016 our skilled R&D team of Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Actuaries has developed unique AI algorithms that automate the insurance pricing process in an unprecedented way.
Our solution is a SaaS platform which allows insurance companies to model their risks 10 times faster, with a higher predictive power than traditional methods. constituting a major game changer for the insurance industry.
Being international by design, targeting all insurance carriers globally, and focusing on more mature markets for faster expansion, in 2020 we were selected
- as France's Best Insurtech 2020
- in Sønr’s world Top 100 Insurtech companies (no.42)
- in the Top 25 emerging technologies in Oxbow Partners insurtech impact report
- as 9th place overall in the last CodinGame Fall Challenge
Click here to learn more about Akur8, and to meet our Data Science & Customer Success team....
Akur8 is, in all senses of the term, an equal opportunities employer.
As a Pricing Actuary & Data Scientist, this is the ideal opportunity to use cutting edge advanced machine learning technology, and to have a visible effect on the product roadmap of one of the world’s top Insurtech startups.
The position acts as the driving force between our Sales, Product and R&D departments, providing the perfect technical compliment whilst assisting clients in acquiring the best understanding and the maximization of their use of ML techniques for insurance pricing.
You’ll contribute by providing industry-specific product assistance to the client, as well as elaborating on the different features of the Akur8 suite during interactions with the relevant client contact.
Amongst other duties, you'll lead product demonstrations with different audiences and product pilots / proof of concepts with Actuaries or Data Scientists.
Finally, In addition to your pre-sales responsibilities, you’ll also be able to work on post-sales technical aspects such as designing product training, improving model development and leading on-going customer success.
The successful candidate must meet each of the following criteria in order to be considered for this position
- MANDATORY/ELIMINATORY Be legally authorized to work from our UK office, located in London
- MANDATORY/ELIMINATORY A minimum of 3 years experience in a P&C insurance pricing role in order to understand insurance business imperatives (and to be able to establish solutions in accordance with them);
- MANDATORY/ELIMINATORY Experience in data-driven & machine-learning predictive modeling (GLMs / GAMs) & risk analysis in a P&C insurance pricing role;
- IFoA certification OR a Masters degree from a top University in one of the following areas Data Science; Actuarial Science; Machine Learning; Applied Mathematics; Statistics; Physics; Computer Science;
- Strong communication skills in order to elaborate on complex technical concepts to both technical / non-technical audiences;
- Readiness to travel across the UK and internationally if required.
You'll join a highly skilled and motivated team that is willing to share their knowledge and passion for advanced data science, computer science and actuarial sciences.
In addition to this we provide
- Competitive salary & annual bonus
- Health Insurance Premium Reimbursement
- Transportation Reimbursement
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Onboarding at our Paris HQ
- Professional Development (learn French on us!)
- Casual Dress code