Who We Are:
JOOR is disrupting the fashion industry and that's not just marketing speak. So many of the people who come to JOOR are looking to work for a tech company with a unique and interesting challenge. Well, JOOR offers this and more. Backed by Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series C start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a "Women to Watch in 2020" by Luxury Daily, and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 150 employees in 9 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Madrid, Melbourne and Tokyo. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services 8,600 brands across 53 categories, 200,000 retailers in 144 countries, and manages an incredible $1B in global merchandise volume (GMV) each and every month Clients include major retailers, like Neiman Marcus and Harrods; e-commerce players like ShopBop; and key influencers like Dover Street Market. Leading men's and women's brands include everyone from Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Alexander McQueen, Berluti, The Row and thousands more.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women - well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
JOOR Pre-Sales Engineer:
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a rapidly growing global company, helping drive the digital transformation of some of the world’s biggest and most influential brands and building out our enterprise sales and solution engineering team. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering Operations and will have the opportunity to influence JOOR's product development and direction.
We’re looking for a self-starter - you’re technically-minded and you love serving as a solutions architect. You have experience working with complex systems, complicated RFPs, and multiple stakeholders. You’re excited by the chance to chart your own course at a fast-growing Global company.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the response effort for RFP, InfoSec and SOW documents for enterprise deals
- Counsel clients on technical questions, owning responsibility for all tech aspects of the deal closure. You’re the type of person who instills confidence in others, even if you don’t have the answer immediately.
- Navigate client conversations with a strong focus on building alignment that sets the client up for long-term success with our Integrations and Customer Success teams
- Build strong relationships, both internally and externally
- Learn JOOR’s product inside and outside to support discovery around existing and future customer workflows, business & technical challenges
- Provide feedback to the organization on general client demands and identified gaps in product capabilities
- Shape how the Pre-Sales Engineer role functions at JOOR - you’ll be our first Pre-Sales Engineer, which gives you a green-field opportunity to shape the function.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in Pre-Sales Engineering
- Experience in Technical Consulting or Engineering Consulting. You know how to translate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Strong communication and client-facing experience. You’ve got confidence communicating directly with clients.
- Experience with IT system security and single sign-on solutions
- Good understanding of modern systems architecture and system design, including on-premise and cloud-based solutions
- Experience with system integration methods such as APIs, flat-files, FTP servers, S3, etc.
- Familiarity working with ERP, PLM, POS, SaaS technologies and/or an e-commerce platform (preferred)
- Experience developing partnerships with third-party companies (preferred)
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
What We Offer:
- Collaborate with our teams in NY, LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, Philadelphia and Tokyo.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- Regular social events (despite being digital!), including lunch & learns, digital happy hours, and more
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.