Full time position Madrid or Paris
First quarter 2023
Applications in English to [email protected] with the subject PPA Associate Q1 2023 .
Finergreen is a financial advisory boutique specialized in renewable energies and the energy transition. Founded in 2013, the company now operates around the world through 10 offices with around 80 collaborators in total, Paris and Madrid being the largest offices within the group.
We traditionally advise our clients (mostly independent industrials, financial institutions, or utilities) on strategic projects in either equity (M&A, venture or growth capital) or debt (project finance, private placements, LBOs) transactions.
After a quick international growth, Finergreen now wants to expand and open new horizons, and has launched a new scope of services this year, including advisory for PPA s (Power Purchase Agreements).
This new offering complements and enhances the M&A and Project Finance practices already offered by Finergreen for renewables markets globally.
With this new service Finergreen can link the financial world including banks, funds, and investors; to the commodities world, including utilities, traders, and corporates who discuss long term contracts (PPAs) with developers.
Focusing on PPAs, Finergreen aims at accelerating the development of such projects giving visibility to investors on the profitability of investments into power renewable projects over the long-term.
Finergreen has ambitious goals for 2023 and is seeking to expand rapidly with the incorporation of an experienced, dynamic, and motivated professional as soon as 1st quarter of 2023 for this position
The position is based in Madrid or Paris.
As PPA Associate, you will work in direct contact with the rest of the team on active advisory mandates at all stages.
Your main contribution will be to support Finergreen s team with a global mandate.
You will play a key role in the success the PPA advisory team, by assisting our clients with the structuring and deal closing of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), with the objective to minimize risks and maximize the value of power renewable projects.
Topics of engagement may include training of junior team members, scouting for business opportunities and keeping the dealflow database updated at all times.
You will be part of a young & dynamic team, report to the Managing Director who will rely on you for the successful execution of PPA Advisory mandates.
In return, you will greatly learn from a talented and dedicated team of experts, with clear future opportunities to work abroad.
You will also be able to take part to the development of new products such as bio-methane, or voluntary carbon markets, upon requirements from the team.
As PPA Associate, you will have the opportunity to lead and contribute to :
Detect opportunities :
- Collaborate in the screening of PPA players (Renewable Project Developers, Utilities, Traders, Corporates, and other stakeholders);
- Identifying key commercial contacts;
- Conduct introductory calls with partners;
- Present Finergreen to third parties;
- Carry out market research.
- Execute PPA advisory mandates, and assist clients with successful negotiation and execution of a contractual terms
- Lead the process including timeline and deliverables;
- Connect to a wide range of energy players;
- Coordinate meetings and relationship with PPA stakeholders;
- Analyze PPA structures & mitigate risks;
- Build solutions fitting clients’ needs;
- Support clients on their PPA negotiations until signing.
Manage a growing team :
- Coordinate the work load with all team members;
- Lead the weekly dealflow meeting;
- Prepare a retroplanning for each mandate with project managers;
- Support in reviewing work and training junior team members.
Financial analysis and production activities :
- Perform financial analysis of projects with the idea to optimize both offtaking and financing by running different scenarios and sensitivities;
- Build financial models, either on Project Finance or M&A transactions (PPA-linked);
- Draft and review marketing materials (teasers, info memos, other memos, etc.);
By joining us, you will join a human-sized company where you will get the chance to work in a young and dynamic environment while taking part in all the aspects of our diverse activity.
You will acquire strong financial skills (global energy markets, financial structuring, pricing analysis, modelling...) and will gain solid knowledge of renewable energy development industry.
You will be evolving in an entrepreneurial framework where everyone participates in the growth of the company, where initiative is encouraged and where everyone can make an impact.
- The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in finance with a combine experience in PPA origination, understanding of commodity risk management, financial knowledge and entrepreneurial DNA.
- They will preferably have a first experience of 3-5 years minimum in the renewable industry, with a previous exposure to PPAs and project finance ; and proven track record involvement in closing either PPA deals or financial closings.
They will demonstrate the following skills :
- Organizational skills;
- Strong financial analysis and accounting skills, proven financial modelling skills (Excel);
- Result-oriented, hands-on approach and ability to manage multiple workflows;
- Attracted by young companies with a "start-up" spirit in strong growth;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of PPA markets, incl. pricing, risks and contractual structures;
- Understanding of power and renewables markets and fundamentals;
- Ability to manage customers relationships and complex PPA negotiation process;
- Autonomy, pro-activity and eagerness to learn;
- Team player, communicate easily and ability to interact / cooperate with a variety of different profiles;
- Time management and great reliability;
- Understanding of cultural sensitivities associated with working in an international setting;
- Fluency in English is an absolute need, Spanish and / or Portuguese is a plus. French is a nice to have.
Interested candidates should send their application in English to [email protected] with the subject being PPA Associate Q1 2023 .