The 2022 Pensions Consultancy of the Year continues to recruit! Increase your chances of reaching the interview stage by reading the complete job description and applying promptly. Following a period of sustained growth and success, and whole host of award wins (inc. the one mentioned about), we are looking to expand our actuarial consulting and analyst teams in our Manchester and London offices. If you have a handful of actuarial qualifications and experience of working in the UK Defined Benefit/Final Salary Pension world then let us tell you about all of the great things that we can offer you when it comes to a supportive, collaborative culture, genuine career progression, vastly-varied work and clients to work with. We are open to any flexible working and part time working requests, and will be as accommodating as possible on these points!
To summarise the role, you will be working within an established team of qualified and part qualified actuaries; acting as an actuarial and consulting assistant for portfolio of clients. This will include:
- Handling the preparation of valuations and cost estimates
- Undertaking and supervising accounting disclosures (FRS17, IAS19 and USGAAP)
- Coordinating data collection including editing and testing data received from clients
- Undertaking and checking all aspects of actuarial work associated with pension schemes
- Preparing letters, reports and other client materials
- Checking day to day individual calculations as requested
- Participating in Buck internal projects, handling special projects or assignments as needed
- Assisting scheme consultants with the consultancy aspects of pension schemes; inc. attending client/trustee meetings as required
- Providing leadership, feedback and training to actuarial analysts
We will fully support you in obtaining a fully-qualified Actuary status (although that's not a necessity, in the event of taking further exams not being of interest to you), and at this point we can give you all of the guidance and tools towards obtaining a Scheme Actuary certificate and holding responsibility for a portfolio of clients and acting as a client manager for a number of these.
Why join us: Unrivaled Leadership team – Our Retirement Consulting Practice is led by experienced ‘functional experts’ who are all qualified members of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA);Our Pedigree - we are an industry-leading mid-tier Consultancy with a history dating back over 105 years.
Diversity of Clients – we work with leading UK and International corporations, across a variety of sectors and industries, where no two are the same! We are Client focused – unlike some of our competitors, we offer bespoke and tailored solutions to our clients, not a one size fits all solution. Your Career is our motivation – working as part of a small but highly collaborative team, you get the level of responsibility and client exposure rarely experienced working for some of our larger competitors. At Buck, we pride ourselves on providing excellent support at all levels to drive your ambitions and career development goals.
What we offer: As an established company with a start-up mentality, we know that our employees are key to our success. We offer a comprehensive remuneration package while taking into consideration aspects such a flexible working and factors key to a good work-life balance.
Other benefits include:
- Highly competitive salary
- Minimum 25 days Annual leave (excluding Bank holidays)
- Holiday trading - (10 days – buy option) or (5 days – sell option)
- Private Medical cover
- Health-checks / Screening
- Excellent Defined Contribution pension provisions
- Comprehensive Life Assurance coverage
- Vision Plan
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Gym subsidy
- Additional flexible benefits Scheme to support you and your family in and out of work encompassing; Health and Wellbeing, Protection, and Lifestyle covering; additional Life assurance, Travel insurance, Dental insurance, Medical Cash Plan, Critical Illness cover plus many more.
At Buck, we pride ourselves in our Diversity and Inclusion and are Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable UK law.