iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Our Payments Team is core to our business. By effectively supporting our existing customers to repay their loans, the Payments team also plays an important role in generating more fuel for issuing new loans to customers. Customer payment performance is an important measure of our own success and repayments allow us to recapitalise and lend to more and more businesses and reach our ambitious targets.
At iwoca, we really love our customers. We don’t necessarily believe that by missing a loan repayment, a good customer is now a bad customer. We believe customers need our support and reassurance to get them back on track so they can focus on what will ultimately allow them to make a missed payment; making a success of their business. An iwoca Payments Advisor is there to give that support.
We are looking for a hard-working individual with empathy and excellent customer service skills to join this expanding and fast-paced team.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership of a portfolio of customers in respect to their agreed repayments and enhance customer relationships through a straightforward and transparent approach
- Answer queries regarding upcoming payments, communicate with customers who have missed a repayment, agree and schedule payments to bring your customer back on track
- Listen to your customer’s reasons for non-payment, be inquisitive and empathetic in order to fully understand the problem and then come up with a solution that suits both the customer and iwoca
- Identify where a missed payment may require input from other teams within the business such as Credit Analysts or Account Managers or escalation to the Collection or Legal teams to achieve the best outcome
- Provide fast and efficient best in class customer service with every customer interaction to enhance iwoca’s name and reputation
- Drive change throughout the business through structured feedback, ensuring we always provide customers with the very best experience across all aspects of iwoca
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines
You will need:
- At least 2 years in customer service, ideally in a commercial setting
- Credit control and soft collections experience would be a significant advantage
- Empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills, excellent telephone manner
- High level of accuracy and comfortable with numbers
- Able to deal with a variety of challenges, multi-task and think on your feet outside the box
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs
- Experience within the finance industry is an advantage
- Motivated, proactive and results-driven
- Able to work as part of a team
- Smart, humble and motivated
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- A calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Flexible working, including flexible hours and working from home days - all made easy with video conferencing and slack