Are you ready to revolutionise car rental? Can you launch and run complex countrywide operations? Are you keen to launch one of the most promising European mobility startup into a new market?
At Virtuo you will be tasked with launching and running a sizable business in one of the biggest transportation market in Europe. You will work with a great founding team in Paris and own an awesome product stack that has attracted a massive fanbase in France and the UK. How far this will go is entirely up to you as an entrepreneur but Virtuo is disrupting the $50b car rental market and by extension, tapping into the sharing economy and the secular trend towards the end of car ownership (a $3tr market). A role like this doesn’t come often. The role will appeal to an ambitious entrepreneur with a co-founder mindset, strong operational chops and a passion for mobility tech.
How it started
Serial founders Karim and Thibault launched Virtuo in Paris in April 2016. Both felt traditional car rental sucked after terrible experiences and it only took a tech trek to LA to get the business off the ground. In its short lifespan Virtuo has created a massive fanbase of 50K in France, Belgium and the UK: it is a 100% mobile car rental service that provides the best and most seamless car rental experience in the market. Technology made simple - no lines, no paperwork, a really cool app that unlocks and ignites an awesome Mercedes-Benz. How it should be!
Virtuo has rapidly expanded in the countries it launched. It is available at transport hubs in cities with significant tourist traffic including train stations and airports in Paris, Nice, Bordeaux, Lyon or Avignon. A new milestone was reached in September with a Series A funding round from Balderton Capital, which took total funding to €10m since inception. Virtuo expanded to London over the summer and is going to continue its rapid expansion across Europe. Next steps: Spain and Germany in the spring, fueled with a new round of funding (Series B) being raised early 2019!
As Operations Manager for Spain you will:
- Work closely with the GM of Spain and the Paris-based Operations team
- Run complex, on-the-ground, day-to-day operations: crafting and improving processes that develop working habits that scale – Daily tracking efficiency and the profitability of our operations
- Build and lead an awesome team of operations (field operators, airport managers, onboarding and retaining a community of partners, i.e washers & valet drivers)
- Run a fleet of cars during their whole life cycle (from their delivery to their return to the car manufacturer, i.e Mercedes-Benz). Daily, with the support of our Data Scientist team, you try to reconcile supply with demand
- Ensure a professional and thought-through car rental experience for our customers, all the way from the quality of our partners interventions to zero defects on our fleet - you continually try to improve efficiency of our operations and track customer satisfaction critical metrics
- Define along with the GM & execute a visionary expansion plan in the region, starting with Barcelona
- Develop key commercial relationships including Mercedes-Benz UK, car parks, airports, railways, or any other partner taking part in the operational process
- Along with the Paris HQ team, you work to maintain a premier customer and partner support team
- Make sound and critical business decisions based on the vast amount of data that our platform provides us with
- 2-3 years of experience in Consulting / IB / Ops role at a start-up
- Strategic and operational, willing to get stuck in
- Highly organised, the job requires planning – you are very analytical & capable of crafting structure out of chaos
- Startup mindset: entrepreneurial, tenacious, and a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Rigorous, strong attention to detail, organised and effective at managing deadlines
- Accountable, willing to take initiative and to learn fast
- Analytical, confident with numbers and experienced with excel
- Fluent in Spanish and English, French is a plus
- Inspired by mobility, an eye for design and a taste for well-crafted products
- You are eligible to work in Spain
Meet the founders
Get in touch
Rym Ben Slimane [email protected]