We are a talented and experienced international team of engineers & data scientists based in London, who are passionate about solving the biggest problems facing the smart cities & urban mobility today.
Everyone is fully engaged in product development and future roadmap, from introducing new languages, to improving processes and suggesting new features. We’re a highly motivated team that have already won several awards together and are now looking to disrupt our market and scale globally.
We are now looking for a professional Operations Manager to plan, direct and coordinate all our business operations.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for planning and monitoring all daily operations of the business. You will be the one to ensure the business is running smoothly, is well-co-ordinated and productive. You will also be maintaining and implementing procedures to accelerate our progress and ensure long term success.
The scope of this role is varied and interesting, so the ideal candidate must be capable of managing many different kinds of operational activities from HR to procurement, to sales support. Familiarity with business principles and processes is needed, with prior startup experience preferred.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and ensure warehouse efficiency
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Chalking out or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s
- Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources
- Cater to clients’ or personnel’s concerns
- Proven experience as operations manager or equivalent position
- Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Self-starter with plenty of initiative and competent research ability
- Familiarity with diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, CRM, and various business software
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus