Ashland Inc. Published: July 13, 2021
Ashland Inc. is an international producer of specialty chemicals. Ashland has production plants all over the world, a major target. This one chemical plant produces methylcellulose, which is used by customers as an additive in construction, food, and pharmaceuticals. To strengthen the team Ashland is looking for 2 Operation Engineers.
- You are responsible for the production support, where you solve day-to-day problems to minimize time and quality losses
- By analyzing production data, you trace the causes of production-related complaints and deviations in process parameters and you draw up improvement and/or corrective measures
- You are a key figure between the different departments and know how to engage the right people after your analysis
- You are closely involved in:
- The preparation of shutdowns and startups
- Improvement projects
- The implementation of engineering projects
- You have contact with operators on a daily basis, you are aware of technical problems and you give them the necessary training
- You organize and participate in Root Cause Analyzes regarding safety, environment and quality
- You prepare and follow up internal and external audits and inspections
- You are a member of the operational support team, you work closely with the maintenance and process engineering departments and you report to the operations manager
- You got a master chemistry (industrial, civil or bioengineering) or have solid experience in the position as a supervisor, team leader or operator within a chemical production environment, with a strong emphasis on analytics
- The first experience in a similar position (process, project or production engineering) is a plus, but not a necessity
- You have good interpersonal and strong communication skills
- You have a sense of responsibility, can work independently but are also a real team player
- You are well organized and work accurately
- You are stress-resistant and can set priorities
- A varied and challenging job with extensive responsibilities where a sense of initiative is stimulated.
- An attractive, extensive and flexible remuneration package.